Pics of the system after adding the Sub-12 and Denon AVR-1909

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Here are a few pics (Klipsch Sub-12 & Denon AVR-1909) of the new sub and rcvr along with the whole 3.1 system.

Just watched Cloverfield, HOLY ****! As someone who never goes to the Theater anymore, Im very happy. Denon definitely has better SQ than the Onkyo, the auto setup also measured the distances perfectly, as opposed to the Onkyo not being so great. I really dunno if Im gonna get rid of the Polks now.

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

I have a 605.

The 1909 takes more measurements, and it was more accurate. Voices, especially, sound much better to me on the 1909.

Hmmm. I wonder which my 805 is closer to?

Ah well, I'll need to be happy with what I've got.

I think the 805 is in a WHOLE nother league over the 605.. I read a lot of reviews on it and almost bought a refurbished one instead of the 1909. It has the well regarded Brown Burr DAC's, so I would not think twice.

I was just amazed how the 1909 got speaker measurements to the inch.

Well, Just finished watching the mummy and I can say that the Sub-12 freakin romps. Im about 12 feet away from it and it shakes the chair pretty wild, also rattled something off the coffee table :)

Oh yeah some of the explosions were thumping, the first plane flight was also booming. I was like "dayum" while watching cloverfield earlier.

Man, I forgot about shakers, takes me back to the car audio days!

elwaylite - is that your final positioning? Looks like that rocking sub is partially blocking the front right speaker, or are all of the actual spekers above the sub? Also isn't the center blocking the center bottom of the screen? I think I would find that very distracting.

elwaylite - is that your final positioning? Looks like that rocking sub is partially blocking the front right speaker, or are all of the actual spekers above the sub? Also isn't the center blocking the center bottom of the screen? I think I would find that very distracting.

Yeah, the mid and tweeter are actually about fromt he top of the ent center up, so its not an issue. The center just looks like it does, but it doesnt (very close though). Im trying to decide if I want to leave the center right there or put a shelf up right over the tv.

Looks great!

No spikes on the sub's cleats?

Thanks. It did not come with any, do they have a tendancy to walk?

Thanks. It did not come with any, do they have a tendancy to walk?

Not an issue of walking as much as sound quality.

"By rigidly coupling a loudspeaker enclosure to a floor by means of a "spiking" system, it is possible to dramatically improve clarity, stereo imaging and tighten up the bass response. This is particularly effective on flimsy flooring and thick carpet."

Looks like there's space for some; I'd be really surprised if your sub didn't come with them.

It did not, checked the box this am. All it has is hard rubber plugs for hard wood floors I guess.

After looking at the "spikes", it seems there is no need with the design of the sub. Its downfiring and it already up on legs??

IMG_0024.jpg

400x400aspx.jpg

It did not, checked the box this am. All it has is hard rubber plugs for hard wood floors I guess.

After looking at the "spikes", it seems there is no need with the design of the sub. Its downfiring and it already up on legs??

IMG_0024.jpg

400x400aspx.jpg

You might want to experiment with placing the sub on a hard surface. Lay down a piece of plywood and see what happens. I expect a significant amount of your bass is getting sucked into the carpet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)