pics of verizon fios setup

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
here is what was installed for fios internet. i don't have pictures of the outside box they replaced because it is locked. for the tv - he told me there was a coax adapter inside that would be connected to the coax run through the house (existing cable or satellite runs). he said my area (tampa) should be online within three months for tv services.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,121
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 966
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,053
Sean Mota said:
Thanks for posting... are these boxes going to deliver FiosTV as well?

i will post of pic of the box that will have the fios part when i get home from work. the box on the left is a battery supply incase the power goes out. i think the box on the right has something to do with the internet.

The box on the right is your router. It's what the FIOS box connects to to connect to your computers.

My mom got FIOS installed last month or two. I'm jealous. :D She gets 15Mbps down and 2Mbps up.

Neutron said:
The box on the right is your router. It's what the FIOS box connects to to connect to your computers.

My mom got FIOS installed last month or two. I'm jealous. :D She gets 15Mbps down and 2Mbps up.

my bad, i knew that. when i said box on the right, i meant to say box to the right of the power supply. the third picture is the dlink router they gave me sitting on top of the cpu. in the first two pictures, the larger box on the left has the battery in it. not sure what the box to the right of it does.

do your parents get the full 15 download? when my wife signed us up, she picked the 5 download and i have to wait until the service ticket is complete before i can upgrade to 15. the guy said i would get around 11 or 12. right now with the 5 and 2 package i get around 4.5 down and 1.5 up. with dls i was at 1.5 down and .750 up. i notice a difference right now with only the 5 package. can't wait until they turn on the 15.

Yep, I did a speed test from a site that wasn't DSL Reports. DSLR said they were getting 5 and 2. This other site reported 15 and 2 (taking into account for the overhead loss).

The box next to your power supply should be your interface box. It's what replaced the Network Interface Box your phone used. My folks for some reason still have theirs, but it's tied into the big box.

thanks.

and they are very lucky to get the full 15. i am hoping for something greater than 10. installer said around 11 to 13. i will let you know as soon as i get the upgrade.

AFAIK they are the only ones in the neighborhood with it. There is a Verizon FIOS store in downtown. This small town I grew up in sure has grown.

Verizon had a full page ad in the Tampa Tribune this week announcing soon-to-come FiOS TV in Temple Terrace and thanking the mayor and city council for legislating it. I'm wondering if that's going to required in unicorporated county neighborhoods, ie, Carrollwood? My street has been lines and pipes marked for a long time...any ideas as to when they might arrive with the fiber? can't wait!

my area carrollwood/cirus park is suppose to have the tv in three to four months according to the installer of my fios internet. by the end of the year for sure. i have a feeling that is will kick ass.

korsjs,

Can you show us some more pictures of the installation? Like your outside box and connections? This stuff is really cool! I am happy you allowed us to see a complete installation. I was always wondering exactly how it was going to be setup.

That looks exactly like my Wireless G D-Link router only a few words and model number is different (the numbers after the DI).

Inside of the box ...

Here's the inside of the box for those interested ...

Attachments

• DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    310.3 KB · Views: 481
Why is the video hooked up? are you in the Keller TX test market?

Video hooked up?

The video isn't connected to anything inside at this time. I simply had the RG-6 in place and didn't want them to have to mess with getting it through the wall and into the box later. I WISH I was lin the test market - can't wait to dump E*.

thanks for posting the inside of the box. what did you use to get it open. i am curious to see if mine has the tv part ready to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)