Pics showing relation of 61.5 dish to 119/110/101 phase 3 dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cameron119

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I am currently checking my LOS and I don't have a compass. I want to get a visual idea of how radically different the 61.5 will point in relation to my existing phase 3 dish.

about 50 degrees--use your hands about 12 o'clock and 10 'oclock...this is just a quick way of doing it..other factors enterin to it..where you live etc..but you asked

cameron119 said:
I am currently checking my LOS and I don't have a compass. I want to get a visual idea of how radically different the 61.5 will point in relation to my existing phase 3 dish.
This pic should give you a good idea. :p No, that's NOT my house. ;)

Attachments

• DishArray.gif
    DishArray.gif
    268.1 KB · Views: 3,185
DarrellP said:
This pic should give you a good idea. :p No, that's NOT my house. ;)
If that WAS a private home(i can see it's not) that would replace Infidelity as#1 grounds for a divorce :D

Actually, I think it is a private home from one of the guys at DBSTalk. Scott probably recognizes it, Scott, are you there?

rang1995 said:
about 50 degrees--use your hands about 12 o'clock and 10 'oclock...this is just a quick way of doing it..other factors enterin to it..where you live etc..but you asked

Wow, that isn't much at all! I appreciate that...feeling much more confident about my installation now!

The only issue I may have is a 30' tree in the front yard that I'm topping tomorrow. I think because of the angle of elevation, it won't block the dish...but I'm not taking any chances. I'm topping that bad boy and it won't be any higher than the base of the roof.

Just to doublecheck: I can aim one hand at the phase 3 (right hand-12:00) and the other (left hand, 10:00) will roughly be where the 61.5 can aim? Thanks rang!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)