Picture and sound problems with G4 nearly every week. Sick of it!!

Doppy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
So I watch G4's Attack of the Show every weekday at 7. Nearly every week lately during at least one of the week's shows there is a problem with the picture and sound. The picture freezes and sound cuts off for a few seconds, then its back. Sometimes the screen goes completely black and no sound for about 10-20 seconds. Sometimes there's some quick pixelation along with the no sound. This repetition lasts for about 15 minutes until its back to normal.

It is very annoying how frequently this happens. There is no rain or other signal issues, other channels work fine at the same time. Also it's not just during Attack, it's happened during X-Play which comes on right before it and the problem continues into Attack.

I especially hate this because I frequently DVR the shows for later viewing and don't see an episode has this problem until later in the week when I watch it and then I can't even DVR a repeat because it's too late! What do I have to do? DVR THREE reruns of each episodes to ensure I get one full copy? Please fix this Dish, really unacceptable.

There have been many reports about G4 on several providers...it's on their end...and the info provided to Tribune.

I haven't noticed any problems with G4 lately... Are you recording/watching SD or HD? I watch the HD sometimes, but maybe not often enough to notice the issues...

I DVR all new episodes of X-Play & AOTS in HD and outside of the occasional technical issue on their end, I've never had any problems.

Next time you are watching live and it happens call up a friend with DN and have them tune to G4 and see if they are having it at the same time.

I'm on Eastern Arc watching in HD and I've seen others on the G4 forums say they had the same problem on the same day it happens to me. I may be overstating how often it happens but it happens enough to annoy me. If you still have recorded or watched this Friday's show, it happened then during Epic Giveaway and Attack This.

Doppy said:
I'm on Eastern Arc watching in HD and I've seen others on the G4 forums say they had the same problem on the same day it happens to me. I may be overstating how often it happens but it happens enough to annoy me. If you still have recorded or watched this Friday's show, it happened then during Epic Giveaway and Attack This.

Watched both segments & nothing happened.

This hasn't happened for a long time but happened today pretty badly. Nearly the entire second half hour was filled with these audio dropouts, picture freezes and black screens. Only the dvduesday segment was free of problems. Anyone else see this?

622 but I don't think this is the receiver. I watch a lot of tv and I've just only seen this on g4. I didn't watch it live so I couldn't check my other receivers. I don't know much about what satellites I'm on, but I'm in NY.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)