Picture break up during NLCS Game 4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DS0816

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 24, 2006
Here just a few minutes after midnight, my HD (H20) receiver, tuned to TBS HD, for Game 4 of National League Championship Series (Arizona Diamondbacks @ Colorado Rockies), there is picture breaks -- and it goes to black screen, and back again (an in-and-out thing), reading that the channel isn't received (call ext. 721).

So I'm back in another room, tuned to SD version of TBS, and the pivotal series game. (I wasn't about to miss this exciting NLCS Game 4 -- I'm rooting for Colorado for a few reasons I won't go into -- and it's bad timing.)

Over the past several days I've noticed I've been encountering problems of this nature -- on several channels, not just this one, mind you -- during the wee hours of the morning (my work schedule is of one where I'm up real late at night), and not so much any other times of the day (like afternoon and prime-time).

I don't see any complaints here (unless I've missed some). Can I assume it's the BBC? (I've thought of a wiring problem on my end; but I had an SD receiver there before without such problem.)

Here just a few minutes after midnight, my HD (H20) receiver, tuned to TBS HD, for Game 4 of National League Championship Series (Arizona Diamondbacks @ Colorado Rockies), there is picture breaks -- and it goes to black screen, and back again (an in-and-out thing), reading that the channel isn't received (call ext. 721).

So I'm back in another room, tuned to SD version of TBS, and the pivotal series game. (I wasn't about to miss this exciting NLCS Game 4 -- I'm rooting for Colorado for a few reasons I won't go into -- and it's bad timing.)

Over the past several days I've noticed I've been encountering problems of this nature -- on several channels, not just this one, mind you -- during the wee hours of the morning (my work schedule is of one where I'm up real late at night), and not so much any other times of the day (like afternoon and prime-time).

I don't see any complaints here (unless I've missed some). Can I assume it's the BBC? (I've thought of a wiring problem on my end; but I had an SD receiver there before without such problem.)

Sounds like a signal strength problem to me (are you sure that message wasn't 771?). Have you checked the signal strengths to see what they are at different times of the day?

You may need to have the dish realigned - it's been fairly common since the new channels came out, because when a lot of us had our dishes put in there was no satellite to aim at...

I had all kinds of problems for most of the ALCS game last night...ended up watching all but the last 2 innings on the SD channel. My other HD locals were fine.

IF your signal strength is good (above 80) if you have a BBC try swapping it out and see if that solves your problem.
I think if it was a BBC it would happen on more than one channel, of course it could be happening on others that you just have not seen yet.

Jimbo

It has happened on more than one channel. This is more conspicuous late night/early morning hours. Like after 12 pm/ET. Sometimes 4 or 5 am/ET.

I'll keep an eye on things to see if they persist. I did call last night DirecTV. I let them know I'll get back to them if it keeps up. I'm mindful, and respectful, of any and all newer technology related to the satellite launching and rollout for these brand-new HD channels and others recently added.

Thanks to all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts