Picture Freeze Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pboggs

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Kentucky
I have been having intermittent picture freeze problems on WOI - Des Moins. Sound is fine, but frozen picture. These last several minutes to an hour or more. None of my other channels seem to be affected. Is this likely a problem with my setup, or could it be on the affiliate's side?

Galaxy 18

TP 11113

I've got good signal strength and quality, but sometimes it just gets stuck.

possibly gremlins at the unlink...since the whole Equity/RTN split there have been lots of gremlins on those channels (freezing pics, stuff starting and restarting)

WOI ABC 5 has been added???

no
the station was WOI-DT2 which was the RTN affiliate for Des Moines (see the "red screen of death" thread) until it got yanked.

Now the channel has been replaced and if you delete the channels from that TP & rescan it now says "RTN Turn-Around"

Duh, I should've known that. :D Thanks ;)

Not to sound too much like a newbie but... Do most FTA receivers require that you delete the TP and rescan to get an updated channel name?

Do most FTA receivers require that you delete the TP and rescan to get an updated channel name?

most of them I would say "yes"

My Coolsat 5000 is weird because sometimes it will change the channel name if I rescan and sometimes it won't....this one it didnt but on G25 when channels come and go I've seen it rename the channel just fine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)