Is Nimiq 4 harmful to a DSR922?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pittsville

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
38N 75W
The analog feed on Lyngsat for AMC 9 at 83W seems to be active now. I can see it with my old analog Pansat and I want to attempt to see it with the 922.

I have heard that Canadian satellites can do harm to the DSR 922. Nimiq 4 is at 82W and I can see the NTSC feed with the dish pointed to 82 as well as 83.

So would it be a bad idea to try the 922 with the dish in the vicinity of Nimiq 4? Is there any way to stop the receiver from accepting downloads. I know I can turn off the option to move the dish for a nightly download but does that also stop downloads altogether?

Wrong canadian satellite. The ones of concern are the Aniks, over at 111.1 and 107.3. Nimiq 4 isn't sending anything that the 922 can even lock to. You have no worries. Analog is a go!

Thanks a lot. I'm not in the room but I just heard the feed go to 1khz tone.

I hope it lasts long enough for me to try it.

Thanks again!

I am only able to do Ku band right now. Is the damaging data on Ku?

I found another one but it's a few degrees away from Anik F1.

yes its ANikF1 & F2 at 107.3 & 111.1 that downloads the maps for Starchoice and makes you do a factory reset

only thing on KU right now is Oklahoma PBS at K5-600 (AMC5 channel 600)

Thanks.

Does it just have to be factory reset if it gets the bad download?

It thought it had to be sent for repair or something. If it's just factory reset then that's not so bad for me right now because I don't have anything in it yet.

I found a ku feed today. I used the old Pansat with a tuning knob to find it, then switched to the DSR922 and I found it with that. But the 922 picture jumped once in a while. It didn't lose the picture or break up but it had a cough or a hiccup once in a while. I went back to the Pansat and it was pretty solid. The signal level on the 922 was 46.

The menu part of the DSR has a good stable picture all the time. Also I may have been doing something wrong but I couldn't adjust the volume or mute the audio with the 922 remote. I tried both audio out jacks, fixed and variable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)