Picture freezing on one hopper, possibe node problem?

horseshoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a Hopper 1 and Hopper 2 along with a Joey. The Hopper 1 picture will freeze often, usually to the point on being usable. When the Joey is linked to the Hopper 1 it will also experience freezing but works find linked to the HWS.

Troubleshooting steps that I have tried. When I switched cables on the duo node that feeds each hopper the Hopper 1 worked OK without freezing but the HWS barely worked at all, it just kept trying to acquire the signal but never did. I got the message “no signal ports 1 & 2. MOCA was good during this test.

Once I put everything back the way it was before I started. To check the cable runs I then tried to physically swap out the receivers and found when I moved the Hopper 1 to the HWS location It worked fine. The HWS is farther away from the node than the Hopper 1 so I don’t think it’s distance issue.

It seems, to me, that the node is partially bad. Has anyone run into this before? I don’t currently have the protection plan so I’m trying to get some opinions on the problem before I go farther.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts