Picture glitch = new TV or new 722? Suggestions on how to isolate?

TheHorsts

Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
California
On the same day, I upgraded my satellite receiver to a 722 and installed my new Sony KDL-52xbr6.

In general, everything looks great all the time.

But, every so often, I've noticed a bit of "digital noise" that is about about 1/5th of the screen and extends across the whole width of the screen. I describe it as "digital noise" since I'd almost describe the subtle effect as "static" if everything wasn't digital. And, it's pretty suble and is only there for an instant.

The most consistently notable place was in watching Leno in HD. When the scene switches from the broad view of Leno, his guest, and the stage to a close up of the guest is when I've noticed it a few times. Not every time, but it's the area most reproduceable.

Any suggestions on how to isolate this issue since both pieces are new at the same time? Unforunately, I don't have other HD versions of either device to substitute.

And/or what's the likelihood that it is one device or the other? I'm assuming it's not the source signal otherwise all of you would be noticing it, too. And, I'm doubtful its the receiver in the middle since its HDMI all the way. Although it would be easy enough to eliminate the "middle man" if I had too.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts