Picture No.2 goes in and out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

digger658

Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
I had DishNetwork installed in the family room and bedroom a while back and everything was fine till a month ago. The picture keeps going in and out in the bedroom. I called customer service and they did a check (via phone lines) and found nothing wrong. A installer came out and replaced the feeds on the dish outside and that cleared it up for a few days then it started to go in and out again. Installer came back out and said some tree limbs that are in-line with the satellite could be causing it. My question to him was, "If that's so how come the family room TV doesn't go in and out"? He gives my a "deer-in-headlights" look and leaves.

The TV in the family room works great and we've never had a problem with it so I'm not buying the "limbs" answer.

Could the receiver be bad? When it start acting up the message "check switch" comes on the screen.

Thanks

I had DishNetwork installed in the family room and bedroom a while back and everything was fine till a month ago. The picture keeps going in and out in the bedroom. I called customer service and they did a check (via phone lines) and found nothing wrong. A installer came out and replaced the feeds on the dish outside and that cleared it up for a few days then it started to go in and out again. Installer came back out and said some tree limbs that are in-line with the satellite could be causing it. My question to him was, "If that's so how come the family room TV doesn't go in and out"? He gives my a "deer-in-headlights" look and leaves.

The TV in the family room works great and we've never had a problem with it so I'm not buying the "limbs" answer.

Could the receiver be bad? When it start acting up the message "check switch" comes on the screen.

Thanks
what model do you have?.Is it a dual tuner?.If so, do have any problems wiht tv 1(the tv where the receicver is located)?.
Is the tv 2 output diplexed or back fed? Or is it a straight coax run form the receiver to the tv2?
***Note*** a diplexer looks like a splitter. It would be located near your satellite receiver.

also: what do you mean "goes out"? is there an error message on the tv?

what kind of dish/lnb do you have?

menu 6-1-3 can tell us alot about your system.

Swap places with the receivers and see if the problem follows the receiver or stays in the location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)