Picture only in corner of screen/722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes it's happening to me and they sent me a new 722 and within hours I got the same problem. It's only on my HD TV1 as well. I called Dish Network and they had no idea how to fix it. I was told to check this website. The only way I can get it fixed is to reset the rec. I registered today, just so I can ask the same question. It's very frustrating! My TV isn't set on PIP either and to my understanding if the Rec. is set in dual mode, then you don't have the option for PIP.

I too have the 722 small picture issue/feature!

I told my family not to even watch the HD channels on TV2, and not use the aspect button. I hope this corrects the problem. I sent a link to this thread to DISH, and this is what I received in return. Talk about customer service and when it comes to DISH support, one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing...
Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. Unfortunately I am unable to assist you via email any longer as a technician is required on site to resolve this issue. I will email the local office requesting a field service manager come to your home however you will need to call us at 1-800-333-3474 to set up the appointment.
Funny, I send them a link to this thread where others are having the same problem, and they tell me they can't help me and that a technician needs to come to my house. I have had two come in the last two weeks. Then posted above, DISH states that they are aware of this problem and that it is a software issue. I truly don't think they have a clue. If anyone finds any more about this problem, please let me know. And if you could, please send me links to other threads that discuss this issue.

Thanks so much!
Mike

I have a 622 with the same bug so I guess it is in the Turbo update they got. Was trying to figure it out for a couple days now thanks for the info.

I encountered this new 'feature' yesterday. A reboot doesn't help, but pressing the format button on the remote does.

Software QC at its finest!

I have the problem too. About 3 or 4 times since I was Turbo Charged on my 622, I have the same symptoms, small picture in the top left hand corner. The only way I was ever able to fix it was to change the HDTV settings to 480p and then back to 1080i. VERY ANNOYING.

I didn't realize that it was likely related to my kids watching an HD show on TV 2, but that is very possible, I will try and duplicate.

Also very glad to hear that others are able to fix it with just a format change. I will have to try that, as going into the HDTV setup menu is a real pain.

Come on DISH!!! It is a real issue.

FIOS is being installed in my street, Dish.... just saying.

Pressing the format button (*) does not really work...

On mine doing that alone puts the output in 480 mode (as the TV sees it - Mitsubishi 65474) ... so I still have to go back to the setup screen and it shows that I am in 1080i (disagreeing with the TV which shows 480p) , which on the dish I change to 720p and let it revert back to 1080i which then the TV agrees with is 1080i.

Ted...

I am having the same problem on my 622. It seems to happen when I use Dish Online, then exit back to normal programming. A cycle through the zoom settings takes care of it, but it is still a pain in the butt.

This happened again to me yesterday, so I tried the format button, and it did appear to fix it, but in reality it didn't, because I was then at 480p resolution again. The only way for me to fix it was to go into the HDTV setup, change the resolution to 480p (I know, it said 1080i, but the resolution looked horrible) and then change it back to 1080i.

This is an insane thing to have to deal with on a regular basis. Come on DISH!!!!

This happened again to me yesterday, so I tried the format button, and it did appear to fix it, but in reality it didn't, because I was then at 480p resolution again. The only way for me to fix it was to go into the HDTV setup, change the resolution to 480p (I know, it said 1080i, but the resolution looked horrible) and then change it back to 1080i.

This is an insane thing to have to deal with on a regular basis. Come on DISH!!!!

Same thing happened to me yesterday on the 722 and I did the same thing you did. That seemed to fixed it but this is the first time I see it happen and I hope it doesn't happen again.

Same thing happened to me yesterday on the 722 and I did the same thing you did. That seemed to fixed it but this is the first time I see it happen and I hope it doesn't happen again.

This must be a bug in the L612. I hope they send out another soon to fix the problem. When I go from 4:3 to 16:9 with the format button on tv2, I have to go through the steps you are talking about to fix it. I have had to do it about 6 or 7 times but luckily it has worked 6 or 7 times.

New vesion L613 fixes Picture in corner

My 722 was updated overnight to vL613 and it appears that fixes include the

-Normal/Letterbox setting on TV2 is now remembered

-TV1 no longer shrinks the picture into the corner

Well done, Dish.