picture prime star dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
thanks for the info hopefully i'll be testing them as is soon. My only worry is that the lnb's are damaged either by water exposure or corrosion as they were almost completly underground for god knows how long. I will post the results of my efforts soon.

I used two P* LNB's for awhile that were completely submerged in Katrina floodwaters for two days. They're pretty tough. You will find, however, that they arent very efficient. I replaced my stock P* LNB's with a ASC 321 single linear lnb and picked up 10-15 signal quality points, on an 84E reflector. On my 1m 'round' dishes I use single output Hughes LNB's with the standard feedhorns. They are OUTSTANDING. :up

Here are pictures of my Primestar dish mounted on a 'mobile' stand I put together to determine where I could permanently mount it to avoid line of sight issues.

To test a location, I move the stand and level it. Then I set my true south satellite, and check the arc for any problems.

We live on a heavily wooded lot, so I had to try several locations before I ended up in the current spot.

The fun part still remains... the hole, the pole, and the concrete :eek:

Attachments

• primestar_stand.jpg
    primestar_stand.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 109
  • primestar_mount.jpg
    primestar_mount.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 125
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)