Picture Quality on Tonight's Charlie Chat HD Discovery

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ride525

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
SF Bay Area, California
Did anyone notice how spectular the picture was then they had the Discovery HD promo on tonights Charlie Chat. (I have a 4900 receiver, so it had to be SD.

If they can have such great picture on the HD Discovery promo, I see no reason why they can't have great quaility on other channels.

I guess it must be an issue of too many channels, and they compress signals. But gee, I would love for the picture to look like the Discovery promo all the time....

I wonder if we could start a PQ campaign with Dish......

What do you think?

Jeff

ride525 said:
Did anyone notice how spectular the picture was then they had the Discovery HD promo on tonights Charlie Chat. (I have a 4900 receiver, so it had to be SD.

If they can have such great picture on the HD Discovery promo, I see no reason why they can't have great quaility on other channels.

I guess it must be an issue of too many channels, and they compress signals. But gee, I would love for the picture to look like the Discovery promo all the time....

I wonder if we could start a PQ campaign with Dish......

What do you think?

Jeff

How big is your tv screen? I have a 60" projection screen and SD digital signal from dish is not as good the OTA digital signal from my local stations. I always end up reducing the screen size through a split screen in order to watch it. HD, on the other hand, is fantastic!!!

I've seen most of the footage in that promo on Dish's HDTV demo channel in true high definition. If you think it looked good on the Charlie Chat, you should see it in real HD!

I have a 43" Samsung DLP HDTV. I was watching Charlie Chat in 4:3 so the screen is about 35".

I am often disappointed in the picture qualitiy of SD, especially on Dish. But the HD Discovery promo, really showed what satellite, even in SD, COULD look like! I thought is was spectacular, compared with the normal Dish signals.

I have noticed that the chat presentations look exceptionally clear and rich. They must be reducing the compression to put the best picture on your screen when the CEO is talking. Sometimes I will forget to listen to them talking because I'm thinking about how good the picture is looking in the background!

8bitbytes said:
I have noticed that the chat presentations look exceptionally clear and rich. They must be reducing the compression to put the best picture on your screen when the CEO is talking. Sometimes I will forget to listen to them talking because I'm thinking about how good the picture is looking in the background!

I noticed the same thing on my Fujitsu P50 plasma. Can't wait to get HD displayed on it, though!

Andy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)