picture quality

anh123

Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
When I plug in my OTA antenna into my dish 622, I get a wonderful picture for many HD and/or digital local channels. However, when I plug the dish directly into my HD Samsung TV, I do NOT receive some of the HD/Digital stations and the quality is not nearly as good. Any ideas?

Thanks

local antenna

What i mean is that my local antenna plugged into the dish receiver 622 produces a better quality than when i plug it in to the television.

It all depends on the quality of the tuner. Some are better than others. Some TVs do great others don't. The 622 and 722 from dish has a really great OTA tuner.

When I plug in my OTA antenna into my dish 622, I get a wonderful picture for many HD and/or digital local channels. However, when I plug the dish directly into my HD Samsung TV, I do NOT receive some of the HD/Digital stations and the quality is not nearly as good. Any ideas?

Thanks

Is your antenna line coming down the same line as the satellite feed by using a diplexer? If it is, then your antenna is probably amplified and the satellite receiver is powering the antenna. When you hook directly to the TV, it is not being amplified and you will not have as strong a signal.