Picture quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drtumolo

Original poster
Jan 11, 2015
PA
Hi, I am new to your site but have been a dish customer for 15 years. I have very old equipment ( 2 receivers) and have been notified by dish that the receivers will need to be replaced by May1. My problem is that the picture quality has degraded overnight to the point that I cant watch the local channels on either receiver and the other channels are watchable but very dark. Any ideas?

Welcome to the site!

:welcome2

If the problem isn't your TV then new receivers will most probably fix it.

You must be on a split arc or the western arc. They want to switch you to the eastern arc which uses a different compression scheme.
Is the picture dark on the tv's attached to each receiver? Is there another tv that you can hook up to test if it's the tv's or the receiver.

You have legacy equipment. Are all the receivers in your house legacy? What are the model numbers of all your receivers?

Also what kind of television sets do you have the current (legacy) receivers that you already have hooked up to? A SD receiver hooked up through RF (coax cable) or even composite (RCA jacks) is not going to look good on a Plasma or LCD/LED television.

I just got a hopper with sling couple months ago and the picture is crap. Bad pixilation. Thinking about getting rid of it. Tired of dealing with companies that sell crap products.

Yes, sounds like some setting is out of wack. If you have access to another hd tv, try hooking it up to the Hopper. If the picture is good then try changing settings on the new tv. Exactly what is wrong with the picture. That may give us a clue.

Are you using the same hdmi cable? Have you tried reseating it. Is the resolution of the tv set correctly. And as I asked, is there another tv you can hook up to the new Hopper?

To the original poster... First thought is your TV is the problem but you said you have two receivers so I am guessing two TVs.

I would have DISH come out, bring the replacement receivers that you need anyway and go through your set-up to get it at top performance and that you have the correct satellites.

Reactions: GaryPen
Bad pixilation. Has like little blocks in picture. When the picture is really dark it looks really bad
Pixelation usually means low or partially blocked signal. Can you take a picture and post it here of the pixelation? Also, what dish are you using? Western or eastern arc?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Here some pics

Attachments

• IMG_20150119_181915391.jpg
    IMG_20150119_181915391.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_20150119_182802502.jpg
    IMG_20150119_182802502.jpg
    680.5 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_20150119_182839888.jpg
    IMG_20150119_182839888.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_20150119_182916141.jpg
    IMG_20150119_182916141.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 192
It is not locking on the 61.5 LNB. May be a bad LNB, bad Node, bad Cable, or even bad Hopper at that point. It also could be misaligned although that is not my first guess. That would explain your issue though. You need a technician.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts