Pictures of Voom 36.5 x 32.5 Dish

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Here are two views of the new Voom dish I received. One picture is the back view and the other is a side view.

Attachments

• dish2.jpg
    dish2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 798
  • dish3.jpg
    dish3.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,123
  • dish1.jpg
    dish1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,086
Sorry having computer troubles all week here. Sean can you delete this tread.

Email the pictures to me or Sean and we will post them for you. Everyone is anxious to see the new dish!

jimmy,

Select "Go Advanced," then hit the "Manage Attachments" button. Browse to each image on your hard drive and then click the "Upload" button. If you don't hit upload the files aren't...uploaded.

I don't think the new dish size will be much of an eyesore when mounted that far up. It will be harder to stomach if you require a ground installation. Not many wives will want to have such a dish on a pole in their front yard.

Regardless of what your installer said, I still wonder if this is really the dish VOOM will be using this fall.

That dish looks exactly (except for the LNB) like the PanSat dish I use for DTH packages on Intelsat Americas 5 (formerly Telstar 5).

The bigger dish will probably be a much needed help for those in the West, but with look angles at 40 and above in the East it might not make much of a difference. Signal here with an 18" dish during overcast skies is 95, and 97 with clear skies. Although it hasn't rained with VOOM yet, when I had E* there could be monsoon rains with 119 & 110 going out, but 61.5 never lost a signal.

Judging by the pictures it doesn't appear this dish is readily able for multi-sat use. There's doesn't seem to be a skew setting nor anywhere to place an additional LNB.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

The dish is mounted on my roof of a two story house. Also the new dish has no "Voom" on it. Its just a plain gray dish. Also the installer said when Voom addes another satellite, than he will have to come out and put another are with 2 LNBs and realign.

I think you can click on the pictures to get them bigger to.

Ken F said:
I don't think the new dish size will be much of an eyesore when mounted that far up. It will be harder to stomach if you require a ground installation. Not many wives will want to have such a dish on a pole in their front yard.

Regardless of what your installer said, I still wonder if this is really the dish VOOM will be using this fall.
It has the dimensions to be the dish. I am sure they have a different LNB holder they place on the end.

Sean,

I think the picture doesn't show its true size since I took the pictures at ground level.

I got the same dish on my house but didn't think to check the size of it , I will put a picture of it up tonight after I get home I will get a front shot of it

Lobo2999:

That will be good if you can get a front picture. I couldn't with the way my roof line is. I am just waiting for a rain storm now to test it out. Did your installer leave the box? My installer did so I got all the dimensions off the lable.

Not the promised oval multi-sat dish

Before everyone gets too excited about this being the new promised oval dish - keep in mind that an oval multi-sat dish is much wider than it is tall (like 1.5:1). This one appears identical in design to the 28" they just installed for me, only larger. If so, then it is taller than it is wide. Also, if it is like mine, it does not say Voom on it. I think we have some more waiting before we see the promised oval dish. I'm going to peak mine this weekend and will see if I can get a brand and model # off of it - probably a standard Winegard dish...

I checked to see what brand dish was that they installed. It is a Winguard DS2076, for those of you who are interested in knowing the model number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)