Piggy back Multi switches

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LBx

Original poster
Dec 3, 2009
Midwest
Ok I think this should work, but want to get some expert opinions. I have a SD receiver and 2 SD DVR's, 1 dish. I already have a multiswitch installed. Just purchsed 2nd SD DVR and want to hook up both tuner inputs on the new reciever. In theory I should be able to hook up another multiswitch to two of the outputs of the original? Since the multiswitch turns one side into horizontal and the other vertical, the same would happen for the second switch and in essence become and extension of the first switch, correct?

This would take me from 2 in/4 out (original switch) to 2 in/6 out(switches piggybacked). Am I way off on this or should this work?

Yeah, I would like to just buy a single switch with more outs, but it is holiday time and the better half is trying to watch the $$$ and it is not an absolute need for the 2 tuners right now, but I am impatient and opting for the cheaper route right now. Thanks for the input.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)