Pioneer 640H-S DVR Setup with Dish Network

mastevano

Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
Hello! I have a dual tuner Dish Network receiver (the 322) and I'd like to set it up w/my DVR (Pioneer 640H-S). I have to main questions.

1) How do I set it up so I can record one channel and watch another one

2) Once I set it up to do (1), can the DVR change the channel on its own (ex, record several programs on different channels in one day while I'm at work).

Thank you in advance!

You would have to have the Pioneer use TV1 on the 322, and then use TV2 for your TV.

TV1 will support the IR blaster from your Pioneer unit to accept remote signals. TV2 is RF only and will NOT work with the IR blaster.

So basically you need two connections to your TV. One from TV2 (so you can switch to that when you want to watch 'live' tv), and one from your Pioneer so you can watch recorded stuff.

Unless you really love that Pioneer DVR, it may be easier to just get the Dish DVR offer. I had a Tivo and while it worked, it was a PAIN to use with the dish. Once I got my 522, there was no going back. I could record two shows and watch a recorded show at the same time, not to mention the near flawless PiP and the ability to watch two different programs on two different TVs from one box..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts