Pioneer VSX-1123 A/V Receiver - Review

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
813piorec.prmo_.jpg

813piorec.bac.jpg

As usual, Pioneer has delivered an almost state-of-the-art feature package in the VSX-1123 receiver. I say almost only because a growing number of manufacturers are providing Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as standard equipment as opposed to extra-cost options. If you want to incorporate an MHL or HTC smartphone into a home theater system, this may be just the receiver for you. Overall, performance is solid for a receiver at this price.

In some respects, Pioneer is its own toughest competitor. If your speakers aren’t especially demanding but you still want the MHL and HTC features, you can save a couple hundred bucks by stepping down to the slightly less powerful VSX-823. If your speakers are hungry for extra power, and you like to play ’em loud, step up to one of the pricier Class D3 models—the enhanced dynamics alone would be worth paying several hundred bucks more. Regardless of your needs, there’s probably a Pioneer receiver that will meet them.

Link

One might expect at least a couple of TOSLink inputs on a top-line model. More than enough composite inputs?!?!

I'd be looking at an Elite or some other brand because of the input omissions.

Looks like I may look into adding this one to my set-up soon.

I think I like the way this sounds so far.

It's a nice receiver for sure.I'm guessing it would blow my VSX 522 away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)