PIP buffer ability for the 921 like the 721

Mark S.

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
Is there a chance we might get a PIP buffer similar to how the one works on the 721? I know the 721 remote has an extra button to allow buffering of the second tuner but why not just make the PIP button on the 921 remote basically finction the same way? Maybe then allow the cancel button to either close the buffered PIP window or use some other key to close the buffer.

Maybe they could even come up with a way that you could choose to use the worthless recall button/feature as the buffer button instead of what it currently is used for. (User choice)

This is a very nice feature to have, giving you the ability to still view up to 2 hours of a show buffered in the PIP window without having to record it and to also swap back and forth between shows on seperate tuners with the windows closed and just have a small TV image at the bottom of the screen.

I just recently discovered this feature on my 721 and I really like it. I'm just hoping there will be a way to use this function one day on the 921.

Is it the no PIP in HD that is keeping this feature away or is this feature already available and I have just not figured it out yet.

Please let me know what others think about this feature.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)