PIP location

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yardline

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2005
It's always irritated me how the 622 PIP window is so far out in the main picture. I was wondering if the Hopper puts it any closer to the edge. I'd prefer it right on the edge. Could someone upload a pic of how it looks?

Here's how the 622 presents PIP. photo.JPG

Yes, it's closer to the edge (sorry, I don't have a pic) which is nice.

But, I find the other changes DISH has made much more annoying. First, it won't remember where you left the PIP window the next day. Every morning you'll find the PIP revert to the upper right corner. Second, the PIP button doesn't just turn the PIP on and off, it brings up a PIP options banner. So, turning on the PIP is a two button press arrangement (press PIP then press exit to turn off the banner). Turning off the PIP requires three buttons presses (Press PIP to bring up the banner, press the right key to highlight the close PIP button, and then press select).

DISH updated the software to remember which guide list you used last (even the next morning) and it should do the same for remembering the PIP options. Also, it would seem a better idea to have the PIP location button bring up the banner (which includes a button for PIP location anyway) and leave the separate PIP button to just turn the PIP on and off.

Wish Dish would implement the trick PIP buttons like the VIP receivers, pressing position toggles side by side (used this a lot), pressing right-number-PIP changes the PIP window's channel.

Yes, window much closer to the edge as stated from others, but the it's the SIZE option that really makes it better because for most people it was the size of the window that was annoying. A lot o folks said the PIP in the ViP's were too big.

Further, the PIP has a label with channel number and title of program, but only while the banner of options at the bottom is visible.

I think Dish's thinking is that most users are not power users and that the PIP feature needed a banner with options that were clear and easily selectable. Most people don't figure out how to use the buttons or the buttons are just TOO SMALL to read or press, for SOME people. While, as a power user, I really have no need for the banner, I do think that OBJECTIVELY, the banner is a good addition to the PIP usage that will open up the feature to many who otherwise would have found it confusing without a very visible banner of options. I think the banner is an enhancement makes it easy for mortal subscribers to use and enjoy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts