PIP on the 622

adamhochman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Hello,
Recently i was talking to a sales rep about pip on the 622 and he said pip is not dependent on the TV, that the PIP on the 622 is just splitting the signals. Is this how it works? Any info about PIP on the 622 would be great.

I had PIP on a TV and loved it (granted, pre-dvr days). Do you find pip on a dvr useful or just a whistle/bell?

Yep, doesn't depend on the TV. The 622 has multiple HD and SD tuners built in. My setup has 2 cables going to the dish from the 622. The PIP has a small and large size and can be moved around the screen and swaped between the tuners. The one draw back is that the PIP screen in not being DVR'd so you can't swap and replay something you missed on it.

Is this how it works?
Sounds like you haven't used it, so here's another comment.

The PIP function on the ViP622 only works when the ViP622 is in SINGLE MODE, which is selected from a button inside the front right panel. In single mode, both remotes will control the TV; Remote 1 in front of the 622 via IR, and Remote 2 from anywhere in the house.

Since you are familiar with PIP on a TV, you can keep the 622 in DUAL MODE, and then have TV1 feed your TV's main tuner in HD and/or SD, and then have TV2 feed your TV's alternate tuner in SD.

I think I seen a rumor that the ViP 622 will have a software upgrade that will allow the PIP display from the ViP 622 to be split screen.:)

The one draw back is that the PIP screen in not being DVR'd so you can't swap and replay something you missed on it.

Operating in single mode, both tuners are buffered, so you CAN swap back and forth between them and rewind/ff all you like. I do it all the time with Leno and Letterman.

No need for a rumor thread as it was announced on the last tech chat that it will be available in the 622's next software update.

Hello,
Recently i was talking to a sales rep about pip on the 622 and he said pip is not dependent on the TV, that the PIP on the 622 is just splitting the signals. Is this how it works? Any info about PIP on the 622 would be great.

I had PIP on a TV and loved it (granted, pre-dvr days). Do you find pip on a dvr useful or just a whistle/bell?
Open the door on the right of the front panel..Find the "mode "button....Press it...You get a question at the bottom of the screen moive toi yes and press select..Your receiver wil now be in "single" mode..Press the PIP button on the remote(#1 remote).....You now have PIP..It's that simple...Many people I install for love it..When PIP tv's were all the rage people were drooling over the feature...When they started hooking up single tuner sat boxes, the PIP issue came to the surface in the form of complaints...When I hook up a DVR now and show them the PIP feature, some people react as though they've been reborn....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)