PIP Swap Button on VIP622 (OTA Tuner)

Jeffro34tx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
Dallas, TX
I have a question I hope someone could help me out with. I have an OTA Antenna connected to my 622, therefore I use all 3 tuners. It is usually in single mode. Is there a way to swap through all three tuners using the PIP Swap button?

When I am watching something from the DVR, I sometimes pop up the PIP and it will be on the opposite tuner I wanted. If I don't want to see something I am recording on the 2 Satellite tuners, I will have to use the swap button and then manually change it to an OTA station.

Is there a different way to "swap" to the OTA tuner? Should't they make this a feature to hit swap 3 times to tune to each of the tuners if you have an OTA Antenna connected to the 622?

Comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

You would think that it would cycle through the available tuners but Dish has to look at things from the "worst case". What if someone's not using the OTA tuner ?? It won't do any good to swap to it....

An idea is a small, 5-second banner that simply says "Tuner 1. Press SWAP to cycle to next tuner.", "Tuner 2. Press...", "OTA Tuner. Press...".

I just kind of figured it would be smart enough to know if you have an OTA Antenna..... that it would swap through all 3 tuners..... it should know if there are any OTA stations in the Guide....

Instead of making you enter buttons for specific tuners, it should do it just by toggling the Swap button... similiarly like toggling through the Guide button to look at the different Favorites for the Program Guide.

Perhaps this might be handled already in the Software Update about to come down.

"...Perhaps this might be handled already in the Software Update about to come down...."

:haha :haha :haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts