Pipe Diameter For 5LNB Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpySatellite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
Does anyone know with certainty the diameter pipe I need to buy for a 5LNB dish installation?

Is it diameter the outside diameter or inside the pipe diameter?

For my 3LNB I was able to use a piece of standard galvaniced anchor fence post but that's less than what I think I'll need for this upgrade.

Many thanks!

5 lnb pipe

The o.d. for the 5 lnb is 2" hard size to find, I order mine from skywalker communications, it think it is skywalker.com but not sure. They diod not have the right size at my menards or home pot.

Try a fence supply company- I found a 14' 2" galvanised pole for $30.00

I too got mine from a fence post company.
16' schedule 40, 2" fence post.
When I got home, (pipe was picked up for me) I found that it was acually 1 7/8th, slightly smaller than they like.
Make sue you put it in concrete, drill a hole in one end and place a bolt thru it, this will keep the pole from ever turning it the concrete, (unlikely, but it has happened).
Make certian the pole is plumb when placing and dry before mounting the dish.

Tighten the bolts down tight, if it is not completely tight, run a few screws into the pipe thru the mast . The mast has a few holes already drilled out.

Mine was slightly to small, installer didn't like that, but he admitted that he comes across that alot. (of course not many make a 2" OD post) D* could have been helpful and used a 1" 7/8th or 1" 5/8th pole with schedule 40 that would have worked fine.
But this way THEY can sell you a pole at thier expense !

Jimbo

mine was actually smaller too, but nothing a set screw wouldnt take care of. my dish has been up for 6 months and I havent had a problem yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts