Pirate TV

"new electronic counter measures are being implemented to shut down this type of equipment" My keyboard thanks you, Dish Network, for the coffee. Remember when LPs, then VHS, then CD, DVD, and now Blu-Ray "implemented counter measures" so that they could not be copied?

Is that the new video? That looks like the one from a few years ago.

No Scott that's not the new one, Ice remarked that's the old one. The new one isn't even scrambled, its ITC. I guess they just figured anybody aiming at their sats was a pirate if they didn't have a sub, so they left it unscrambled. :confused:

I don't have a working PVR box (that I trust anyway) or I'd record it and show ya. :D

And either way they are both funny.....

I have a FTA setup, but dont have a LNB on it which gets Dish Network satellites so I haven't seen the new one yet.

Dish needs to stop making videos and finsih doing this card swap so they can lock things down like they did in Canada for Bell.

"new electronic counter measures are being implemented to shut down this type of equipment" My keyboard thanks you, Dish Network, for the coffee. Remember when LPs, then VHS, then CD, DVD, and now Blu-Ray "implemented counter measures" so that they could not be copied?

DirecTV? To the best of my knowledge, they effectively shut down piracy several years ago. Go to alt.dss.hack if you want to see a ghost town.

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Dish Network.

yes, I noticed that about the current video. BIG middle finger to DISH Network because I"m a legal subscriber but I'm curious what the hackers get to see.

I thought that hackers used FTA boxes with hacked software. if that's the case then how are they "Dish Ready" where will they put the new card that they receive??

Sorry if I am mis-understanding

Cant wate till they lock this ish down so tired of people coming in to our shop asking for a black box. i reply for standard or HD then pull out a 311 or 211 they usaly ask this will get me all the chanels for free..
I usaly reply yess almost you will get the everything pack all movie chanels and Playboy for only $4,000 installed guarantied to work for 24months .

Cant wate to see all the new subs once the switch is compliet so tired of seeing local papers claming 100% leagal FTA PPV,XXX,Movies, What a crock.

I thought that hackers used FTA boxes with hacked software. if that's the case then how are they "Dish Ready" where will they put the new card that they receive??

Sorry if I am mis-understanding

Some hacker re-program thier smartcards issued by dishnetwork. Those hackers, as long as they have not modified the firmware on their receiver they are "Dish Ready"

Snap! It says early 2009 for Dish Latino channels. I still haven't received the smart card for 2 of my receivers. The other 2 came with the purple cards already. I may have to call them.

So if you do call and say you're "Dish ready" then you're indirectly admitting that you've been pirating programming. Slick.
I once worked for a cable contractor in NJ. Our primary focus was audting the system. In two words, "cable cops". We went out into the field house by house ot disconnect unauthorized cable connections, additional outlets not paid and those who were getting premium channels not paid.
The cable co would send all of the non pays a letter saying they'd be welcome to become new customers.
Essentially an amnessty program.

It is nice of them to not go after them legally and giving them a chance to subscribe to the services. This probably gets them several additional customers due to them handling the situation politely and that is their way of telling them that they will figure out that they are not paying for services.

I wonder if they have really started to convert programming over to the new system yet? I still have not received my smartcards, and no channel 998 yet. I seem to have all my channels w/AEP...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)