Pirates @ Cardinals ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pinkcookies26

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
I live in Tulsa, OK, can anyone tell me why the game would be blacked out on ESPN and a nationally televised game? I called Dtv and they said they have no clue and have no control. Thanks

is st louis part of your extended RSN area? St Louis has a huge territory.

Check this site:

www.directv.com/rsn

If it shows Cardinals (with or without sports pack) you would be blacked out and required to watch it only on the FS Midwest feed (even if you don't subscribe to it).

Looks like it might be, so every nationally televised game on ESPN in St. Louis will be blacked out in the whole area? Doesn't seem right.

I live in Tulsa, OK, can anyone tell me why the game would be blacked out on ESPN and a nationally televised game? I called Dtv and they said they have no clue and have no control. Thanks

it's because it is a part of the extended area. You ultimately have to subscribe to Choice or above AND the Sports Pack in order to get the game.
It's blacked out due to being on the RSN Fox Sports Midwest, which is in your area.

Gotcha, well, ever since they took away the one RSN that came with your package I wasn't gonna pay for them. That's the one thing I do like about cable is they have a sports tier that gives you almost all the extra sports channels in one tier instead having to upgrade to the highest package to have them all.

I thought that the ESPN games no longer were supposed to have blackouts during the week. I live in Boston territory and have been able to watch both feeds, ESPN and NESN all season.

It was blacked out on Dish too, because the Cards and FSNMidwest claim NE Oklahoma. Been that way for several seasons. The ESPN feed just opened up as it hit 10pm Central. You can catch the last part of the 9th inning

Future: 2012 MLB/ESPN Deal[edit]
A new contract between ESPN and Major League Baseball in 2012 virtually eliminates local blackouts among the network's Monday and Wednesday night games, allowing ESPN coverage to co-exist with that of the local broadcasters in home markets.[1] The agreement will take effect at the start of the 2014 season.[2]

Thanks for all the info everyone, being a Pirate fan in the midwest I thought I finally had a chance to watch one of their games and SYKE! LOL!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)