St Louis Cardinal Games on FsMw

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jjling

Original poster
May 6, 2009
tupelo,ms
Out of almost 30 games i bet ten or more have been blacked out. If i remember last year i dont remember this many the whole year. Can anyone explain to me why this is happening and please dont post the mlb blackout rules because i dont understand them anyways lol. Any help would be appreciated im watching baseball right now and of all the Fox Sports i get with my premium package i think 2 games are currently showing this SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackouts?

Why are all my fox sports getting blacked out for mlb games? I am a cardinal fan and tonight for instance they were on 3 different channels and each one of them was blacked out do not remember this happening in years past so frequently. I bet 10 games have already been blacked out this year alone whats up?????????

Why are all my fox sports getting blacked out for mlb games? I am a cardinal fan and tonight for instance they were on 3 different channels and each one of them was blacked out do not remember this happening in years past so frequently. I bet 10 games have already been blacked out this year alone whats up?????????

Are you in the Cardinals market ?
If your market is listed in the sports guide, it should be available.
If not, you would need the MLB EI package.

What is your zip code ?

Local Regional Sports Network Information

Out of almost 30 games i bet ten or more have been blacked out. If i remember last year i dont remember this many the whole year. Can anyone explain to me why this is happening and please dont post the mlb blackout rules because i dont understand them anyways lol. Any help would be appreciated im watching baseball right now and of all the Fox Sports i get with my premium package i think 2 games are currently showing this SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You need the Extra Innings package in order to watch out of market baseball games. You cannot watch any out of market games in any pro sport without that sports particular package (EI for baseball, CI for Hockey, LP for Basketball, ST for Football, ex).

It seems all im getting is out of market games my in market games according to mlb cinn stl and atl but not getting them either

It seems all im getting is out of market games my in market games according to mlb cinn stl and atl but not getting them either

Zip Code ?

According to a generic zip code I used for Tupilo, Ms, the Cardinals are not listed as your RSN so you would need the MLB EI Package.
============================================================================================

The 38801 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro teams. With HD Access select channels and teams available in HD are noted below:

With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above, or FAMILIAR or above):

FSN South (Ch. 646) - HD Available
# Atlanta Hawks (HD Available)
# Braves (HD Available)
# Braves (HD Available)
# Memphis Grizzlies (HD Available)
# Nashville Predators (HD Available)

SportsSouth (Ch. 649) - HD Available
# Braves (HD Available)

With the PREMIER or LO MAXIMO package or any DIRECTV base package plus SPORTS Pack, you also get:

FSN Cincinnati (Ch. 661) - HD Available
# Reds (HD Available)

Teams and ZIP Codes are subject to change. Blackout restrictions apply to regional sports networks. To view games of other pro teams (out-of-market) requires the purchase of professional sports packages sold separately.

In some markets, a five LNB Dish and H20 or HR20 model DIRECTV HD Receiver are needed to receive HD local networks delivered by DIRECTV. This equipment is required to receive HD games from the RSNs.

38801 gives you this

The 38801 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro teams. With HD Access select channels and teams available in HD are noted below:

With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above, or FAMILIAR or above):

FSN South (Ch. 646) - HD Available
# Braves (HD Available)
# Braves (HD Available)
# Memphis Grizzlies (HD Available)

SportsSouth (Ch. 649) - HD Available
# Braves (HD Available)

With the PREMIER or LO MAXIMO package or any DIRECTV base package plus SPORTS Pack, you also get:

FSN Cincinnati (Ch. 661) - HD Available
# Reds (HD Available)

so basically you are in Braves territory. The Reds you can get if you add the sports package

Anything else would require Extra Innings

So why is it sometimes i do get the cardinals on fsnmw? And if i add the mlb extra inning package will i get every game thats not on espn or fox nationally or picked up by st louis local channel like it usually is on sunday afternoons?

So why is it sometimes i do get the cardinals on fsnmw? And if i add the mlb extra inning package will i get every game thats not on espn or fox nationally or picked up by st louis local channel like it usually is on sunday afternoons?
Here is the schedule for EI. The only games blacked out on EI are those games televised on the other teams station when your team plays them.

DIRECTV - MLB EXTRA INNINGS Schedule

Maybe because they only show Pro ball?

(Couldn't help myself - die hard CUBS fan :D)

so if the cardinals are playing whomever and there fox sports picks it up it will be blacked out? that cant be right because it was on fox sports pit tonight but also on ei

so if the cardinals are playing whomever and there fox sports picks it up it will be blacked out? that cant be right because it was on fox sports pit tonight but also on ei
If the Cardinals are the designated home team in your area, then yes...according to MLB blackout rules.

According to the zip you provided you should be able to see the Cardinal games on their RSN AND the opponents RSN with EI. Only the Braves opponents' RSN will be blacked out for you.

Using your Zipcode on MLB's website this is what I got for blackouts:

You are located within the home television territory of the following Club(s), and MLB.TV is subject to blackout for all regular season live games for these Club(s):

• Atlanta Braves
  • Cincinnati Reds
In addition, live regular season games for all thirty Clubs are subject to blackout during the national Fox Saturday and ESPN Sunday night game telecast windows.During the postseason all live games are subject to blackout in the United States.
For non-U.S. blackouts and for complete details on U.S. blackouts, and other restrictions, click here.

Ok so last question if i get the ei package i should get 90 percent of all cardinal games?
You should be able to see every one of them shown on EI, either through the Cardinals feed and/or through their opponents feed. That should be well over 90% of the time.

The only feeds that will be restricted for you are the Reds and Braves.

Note: There have been reports of some weird blackout restrictions for those that live well outside of a particular teams DMA or within overlapping DMAs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)