Pittsburgh Hd Locals

pajer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
North Central Pennsylvania
Scott, you had reported from team summit that the Pittsburgh HD locals were uplinked to 118.7, but i have not seen any uplink reports showing this to be true, any new info on when they might be available and on which satellite. thanks, pajer

Wondering if the low availablity of 1000+ dishes have anything to do with lack of activity on Pittsburgh HD LiL's. I am eagerly awaiting & will upgrade to HD once thy are available.

TJ22 said:
What local HD channels are we expecting in Pittsburgh from dish?

I believe that KDKA (CBS) WTAE (ABC) WPXI (NBC) WPGH (Fox) not sure what is happening to 22 (WB think this is going to part of the MY tv) & 19 (UPN....I think this is becoming CW not sure if it is going to be HD).

Recent conversations during the financial results indicated that there would be 3 more HD locals rolled out, now it is my understanding from reading the boards that Indianapolis & Raleigh have already been uplinked leaving one unnannounced which I guess we can hope is Pittsburgh. I would think once supply of + dishes loosens I would expect to see more HD locals become available (+ dishes are needed for 118.75 oribtal location which most recent HD locals are being uplinked to)

Again this is just supposition taken from reading the board here and another place but if you connect the dots that seems to be the picture that emerges. I would suggest the best way of seeing when & staying updated would be to check the uplink activity this would give indications of upcoming additions.

any news on this? hope it all happens before Lost starts back up! ABC is the only major I can't get OTA.

59allstate said:
any news on this? hope it all happens before Lost starts back up! ABC is the only major I can't get OTA.

Where are you located? I pick up OTH ABC via Silver Sensor antenna. I'm in Bethel Park PA and pull about 70%. It is the weakest of signals, but it's a damn good OTH antenna.

octpro said:
Where are you located? I pick up OTH ABC via Silver Sensor antenna. I'm in Bethel Park PA and pull about 70%. It is the weakest of signals, but it's a damn good OTH antenna.

I'm outside of fox chapel near hartwood acres. kind of in the woods. i acn't pick up WTAE, but CAN get some bush league ABC from Johnstown or something that doesnt broadcast anything in HD. I have a radio shack disc antenna (not sure of the name) mounted on the roof.

I did find my OTA increase threefold once i moved from the 811 to the 622 - with no repointing of the antenna.

-nate

I'm also interested in the Pittsburgh HD locals - but has Dish rolled out any HD locals recently? We were hearing a lot about their plans for HD locals at the beginning of 2006, but in the past 3 or 4 months, I haven't heard anything at all.

I was told by a CSR recently that Indianapolis, Raleigh, and Pittsburgh would get the high def locals by the end of the year. Now what year that was they would not tell me, but assured me I would not have to go over to DirectTV which already has two local Indianapolis channels (ABC and NBC) in high def. Then she went on to read a canned statement about how Dish has the most high def channells, blah, blah, blah, blah, etc. Made me want to puke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts