Pix break up with OTA on 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eddieras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
i'm having picture break up on recorded shows from our OTA - weather has been fine- i've also had trouble watching delayed shows - it often won't stay delayed = in other words, it'll suddenly jump ahead in the recording to live- from where i was watching delayed - very frustrating.

any ideas? could it be the hard drive? its just less than a year old...

Problem is low signal strength from your anteena, check signal strength. Maybe move ant. to better location

if the 722 ota meter is to be believed it's running at or close to 100% signal strength. also - if that is the case, why would the 722 keep jumping me forward to live tv when i was watching delayed over 30 minutes?

If the signal strength is fluctuating it could be a multipath problem. Also to much signal can cause this. If you have an amp in the line take it out and see what happens.

Pix break up - OTA signal on my 722

I have had the same problem for the last week or so. It started after the 6.14 software update. I have never had the problem before. I can literally see the transmitter towers and there is nothing in between to block the signal. Nothing has changed on my setup, the signal meter is showing 85-100% (most are 100%, no signal booster) depending on the channel. All channels are breaking up.

I have had the same problem for the last week or so. It started after the 6.14 software update. I have never had the problem before. I can literally see the transmitter towers and there is nothing in between to block the signal. Nothing has changed on my setup, the signal meter is showing 85-100% (most are 100%, no signal booster) depending on the channel. All channels are breaking up.

are you having the jump to live problem too?? this is a killer as it wipes out one of the great advantages of a dvr-- they'd better fix this soon

are you having the jump to live problem too?? this is a killer as it wipes out one of the great advantages of a dvr-- they'd better fix this soon

No, just the break up problem. There are small sections of the program that don't get recorded because of signal loss but mine does not skip to live.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts