pixelation on FOX NEWS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nothing0

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Evansville, IN
Over the past few days my HD Fox news has intermittent pixelation (sp) and jumpy audio. Has anyone else had this problem? Its the only channel I've had the issue with.
Im on 129 for HD.

It is not just on E* either.
I have noticed an overall decline in the Fox News PQ over the past few days. Some shows that I know are HD almost look like good upconverted widescreen SD.
Not sure what the problem is

It is not just on E* either.
I have noticed an overall decline in the Fox News PQ over the past few days. Some shows that I know are HD almost look like good upconverted widescreen SD.
Not sure what the problem is
Fox has done this often, not only on FNC, but also on their national broadcast on the Fox network. There are times they use upconverted 16:9 SD for their Saturday baseball games attempting to portray it as HD.

Over the past few days my HD Fox news has intermittent pixelation (sp) and jumpy audio. Has anyone else had this problem? Its the only channel I've had the issue with.
Im on 129 for HD.

In short: YES, and I've noticed it over the last week or so (although I HAVEN'T noticed the jumpy audio). Glad to know it's not just me.

It's not even what I'd call coarse pixelation, where the picture actually breaks up. It's that you'll see a very fine type of sparkling, then the picture will resolve itself.

I'm on 61.5, BTW.

same here looks bad :mad: the sound is OK except some of the commercials are loud :rant:
I haven't noticed any pixelation or sound problems other that the channel as a whole has the volume far louder than anything else I watch.

I have to remember to take the volume waaaay down before switching to FOXNews or I'll get blasted out of my seat.

61.5 here.

I haven't noticed any pixelation or sound problems other that the channel as a whole has the volume far louder than anything else I watch.

I have to remember to take the volume waaaay down before switching to FOXNews or I'll get blasted out of my seat.

61.5 here.

Not quite that bad for me, but it is louder... At least we can assume its FOX and not dish.

so now the quality of the picture matches the quality of their news.....distorted.

sorry, i couldnt resist. btw, have not noticed any pixlation off of 129

Macroblocking and FNC HD… Inside Cable News

Apparently this is a larger problem than previously thought? I watch FNC-HD pretty frequently and have never seen the problem.

I also have Fox Business Channel in HD, but it gives me a headache to watch it because the screen is so busy with random statistics. I only watch it on SD, if I decide to tune in.

Last edited:
In short: YES, and I've noticed it over the last week or so (although I HAVEN'T noticed the jumpy audio). Glad to know it's not just me.

It's not even what I'd call coarse pixelation, where the picture actually breaks up. It's that you'll see a very fine type of sparkling, then the picture will resolve itself.

I'm on 61.5, BTW.

Yeah, I've seen this also.

I have D* and I see it a lot on foxnews hd. The picture almost moves then blurs for a split second every couple of seconds or more. I thought it was my eyes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts