Pixelation on only one channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yrag

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
I have an HR21 700. I recieve both HD and SD channels perfectly except for the last week or so the HD Fox Sports Channel 687 pixelates and stalls about every few minutes. Sometimes every 20 seconds. This only occurs on this channel. I have reset my receiver several times and my satellite readings are all very high and all other stations are fine including the SD channel 687. Is this my equipment problem or is it originating with the broadcast station?

I finally figured out what was wrong. I researched and found that Channel 687 is on Sat 99W transponder 7. I then checked the sat signals and found that I had a zero reading on that transponder only!!! So I adjusted the dish at most only one degree (or less) and solved the poblem.

I finally figured out what was wrong. I researched and found that Channel 687 is on Sat 99W transponder 7. I then checked the sat signals and found that I had a zero reading on that transponder only!!! So I adjusted the dish at most only one degree (or less) and solved the poblem.

where did you go to find where that particular channel is with the satellite and transponder?

where did you go to find where that particular channel is with the satellite and transponder?

AFAIK, the only transponder/channel information available is for local channels.

I just checked on dbstalk. There are transponder/channel charts there now. My bad. It said that 687 was on 99 channel 8, not 7.

Transponder Maps

You can find ia transponder map in this Forum. It is a sticky thread in the Directv Forum Technical Discussions in SatelliteGuys.US.

You can find ia transponder map in this Forum. It is a sticky thread in the Directv Forum Technical Discussions in SatelliteGuys.US.

Oh yeah! I forgot they were here, too. It's the same poster on both sites.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts