Pixelation problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jumpman23j

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
I just got my directv hr 21 installed a week ago and i notice some pixellation on some channels. When directv installed the satellite they used the same wiring as my previous dish was using which was installed over 5 years ago. Could this be a reason for the pixelation? Thanks.

I just got my directv hr 21 installed a week ago and i notice some pixellation on some channels. When directv installed the satellite they used the same wiring as my previous dish was using which was installed over 5 years ago. Could this be a reason for the pixelation? Thanks.

It may be, thats retarded they didn't get you new cables..unless they are RG6 cables.
If the cables that are there are not RG6 cable, call DirecTV and tell them what happened and make sure you are specific...I am sure they will send someone to install the proper cables, and you should tell them to give a discount for the inconvenience :), but thats pushing it lol..

I doubt it is the cable. I would say the dish is not at optimum.

Why didn't you insist on new RG6 runs? It is included. Best excuse in the world "my HS internet runs on that current stuff so leave it alone please".

How in the hell do contract installers even know the shape or condition those old cable runs are in? Running the new RG6 as expected is a best practice to eliminate all possible troubleshooting issues and later complaints and they should be charged back for NOT doing it unless the customer signs off they THEY requested it.

Why didn't you insist on new RG6 runs? It is included. Best excuse in the world "my HS internet runs on that current stuff so leave it alone please".

How in the hell do contract installers even know the shape or condition those old cable runs are in? Running the new RG6 as expected is a best practice to eliminate all possible troubleshooting issues and later complaints and they should be charged back for NOT doing it unless the customer signs off they THEY requested it.

I had my installers run a brand new cable directly to my TV.
I made sure RG6 were installed.
Usually most installers will run a brand new RG6 cable, in jumpman23j case he got unlucky.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)