Pixelation

ranran

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Man WV
I have a VIP211K and noticing on espn (140) EA satellite 72, I get an occasional very minute breakup of part of picture during basketball games. Just started doing this recently. Is this probably a bug with espn or something else. Thanks for input.

Hi ranran and welcome to the Forums! There hasn't been any updates regarding ESPN having issues of any kind. It is quite possible it could be though. Does it happen at any specific times of the day? Is it only basketball games? Anyone else on here notice a problem and can provide info? I have a TV here I can look at, but can't watch it all day :(

I have noticed it watching football games. It's very brief, and only happens occasionally, but I noticed it does not happen during commercials or the pre/post game part...I don't think it's a fault within the residential system itself. I think it is in the uplink.

Yep, that's right. Hopefully it will happen while someone in engineering is watching. It isn't real often, just a few times a day, and it is very short duration.

Normally in the evening, either live or on a show recorded in the evening. I've not noticed it during the day on live shows, only recorded shows from the night before. But fairly random as to time other than that.

Been gone since I first posted this last night. Happens usually during a bb game on espn at night Only started noticeing it last few nights. I will try to record some more info tonight and post it on here. Thanks Tommy

What you area probably seeing is motion pix-elation, not uncommon to HDTV broadcasts, especially in sports, and much discussed regarding ESPN lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)