pixelation

cousineddie

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
SW Wisconsin
I have been noticing some pixelation and signal interference lately and was wondering if any one else has seen the same problem? Its been going on for about a month, my Dish 500 signal levels for 110/119 have been 95 t0 100 when this happens.

Yes, I'm seeing this too with my 721. Signal levels are about the same as yours. No bad weather coming through at the time. The sound is cutting out on me also with no pixelation or stuttering of video signal occuring.

This problem is also with Charter cable.
So dish is not the only one.

Yeah, last night we were watching HBO of all things, and there was horrible pixelation....And don't even ask about locals!!! Shhheeeesh...and I am planning on making the move to HD.....I really hope that this is not a continuing problem.

Thanks for your replies. I'm also having the problem with sound too, I agree it must be on there end as the weather and signals are all fine.

I've noticed this too off both the 110 and 119 Sats in the same time frame. Puzzles me. It's different from what happens with 129 where you can observe the signal dropping. Usually nothing more than a minor annoyance.

could be anything from LNBF problem to connector problem
first check all the barrells in the line, barells are the connector used to connect two cables together mainly found by the dish in the J box outside your house or inside the wallplate by your receiver u wanna make sure its 3 ghz most of the 3ghz rated barells are blue inside then you wanna check the cable make sure its not bent nothing is shorting the cable like a staple on it under the eve or by the board to the bottom of the wall in some cases and if the cable is run under the carpet make sure no nails are going through it i personally dont run sat lines under carpets TV2 uhf isnt a problem though connectors should be checks as well see if any metalic hairs from the sheild is touching the copper wire in the connector check if the copper wire is too long or too short if everything is ok u need to change the LNB, pixelation sometimes if its only on one of ur receivers could be due to a bad receiver its very unlikely though!!

Like i said...the signal is 1080i and the quality will degrade when you are looking at fast moving things IE sports,and movies like fantastic 4.
Pretty much means..this problems is not from users end...but your providers problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts