Pixelling on hbo zone

thechaz05

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 26, 2011
Irwin
I am getting pixelling on hbo zone and weather is great. I also notice my hopper is missing some logos in the guide and program images when hit info. Anyone else having problems today?

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

I am getting pixelling on hbo zone and weather is great. I also notice my hopper is missing some logos in the guide and program images when hit info. Anyone else having problems today?

I'm on WA and the picture looks good to me. My guide icons are present as well. Is this a replacement reciever? Have you tried checking signal strength on HBOz?

I'm on WA and the picture looks good to me. My guide icons are present as well. Is this a replacement reciever? Have you tried checking signal strength on HBOz?

No, same one I have had. I have not had any issues like this before. I cannot check signal because I have things recording.

Odd, I'd run a checkswitch when the recordings are finished.

I plan on resetting it too. Strange that half my chanel icons in the guide are missing.

Running test now, but my signal on 129 sat is only 45, seems low

Last edited:
I plan on resetting it too. Strange that half my chanel icons in the guide are missing.

Agreed.maybe you have a signal issue and you guide isn't fully downloaded either and you haven't noticed. I'm pretty sure that guide logo content downloads when the full guide data download occurs each night. So if it is a signal problem then that could explain why the logos are missing.

Agreed.maybe you have a signal issue and you guide isn't fully downloaded either and you haven't noticed. I'm pretty sure that guide logo content downloads when the full guide data download occurs each night. So if it is a signal problem then that could explain why the logos are missing.

Reset brought logos back, but still getting pixelling. Last two times someone was here I asked about increasing signal but was same guy and he is very new and never saw him actually touch the dish. Nice guy, but very green. Not sure what to do now.

Reset brought logos back, but still getting pixelling. Last two times someone was here I asked about increasing signal but was same guy and he is very new and never saw him actually touch the dish. Nice guy, but very green. Not sure what to do now.

Get a tech or adjust the dish yourself if you can. My 129 ts4 signal is 70. Are other HD channels on sat 129 pixeling?

Get a tech or adjust the dish yourself if you can. My 129 ts4 signal is 70. Are other HD channels on sat 129 pixeling?

Noticed it on some network programing over past couple days. I could get a tech out, but I would prefer not the same guy. Problem is there is no way to control that.

Noticed it on some network programing over past couple days. I could get a tech out, but I would prefer not the same guy. Problem is there is no way to control that.

Ask the agent to put the "experienced tech" tag on the work order/account due to the issue still occurring after 2 techs. That should get you some one new. I'm not sure that's the exact name of that tag in the system but they should understand.

Ask the agent to put the "experienced tech" tag on the work order/account due to the issue still occurring after 2 techs. That should get you some one new. I'm not sure that's the exact name of that tag in the system but they should understand.

Thanks, maybe one of my favorite DIRT members can set me up. :)

Responding to Lucky86
"Get a tech or adjust the dish yourself if you can. My 129 ts4 signal is 70. Are other HD channels on sat 129 pixeling?"

Transponders 1 to 16 on 129W are spotbeams and are normally hotter when it is yours than CONUS beams 17 to 32. To compare to others use say 21, I think. You know that.

-Ken

21 is the home transponder for 129. HBO-Z is on ts 22 for 129. I thought it was ts 4 last night, sorry bout that.

Ts22 is 59 now, was 45 last night. Was clear night last night so not sure why was so low. 59 still seems a bit low to me. Gonna rain today so I expect I will have some loss. I know weather effects it, but mine goes out a lot with regular rain.

Is 59 too low on a clear day? I wil get someone out if so, but if it's normal then I will save the 15 bucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts