Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
The Pizza Huts in my area are going delivery/pickup only like what Little Caesars and Dominoes already does. I guess the dine in business model is not working out for them? I always see them busy in my area. Supposed to be a change throughout the whole chain.

Interesting,they just built a new Pizza Hut in our town last year.Very nice to dine in.Would be a shame to go take out only.They did add a drive thru window though.

The pizza hut around here used to have a buffet. Loved it, less than 10 bucks all you can eat pizza, breadsticks and salad. They would even make you a custom pizza and bring it to your table if you wanted. Was a good place to take the family on a friday, cheap and everyone can pig out. On weekends it would be packed with baseball, soccer, football etc kids just getting back from game day or entire teams celebrating. Not sure why they shut that part down it seemed well enjoyed, and if it was simply cost they could of easily raised the price and it still been a good value.

They prety much vanished from my area some time ago. I suspected that this was normal but did not really know.

We still have 2 in our area. I believe both have the lunchtime buffets, and at least one has a liquor license to sell beer. I used to go to one that eventually closed about 3 years ago, haven't been to the others for quite some time. But that said, I'd hate to see them gone. In our college town, the delivery pizza business is huge, but those that have dine in do a substantial business as well...

Little caesars doesn't even deliver, carry out. At one time they did, there could be an old franchise that still does I suppose.

Pizza Huts aren't really big around here in CT, and I honestly can't remember the last "new" dine in version of their restaurant I saw. There used to be one in my hometown that was nice (for a pizza hut) which later was completely gutted and renovated to be a KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut trio shop (Or the Kentucky Bell Hut as it was known around town.) Now it's an Arbys.

Overall I don't miss it. I went to one recently and I couldn't believe how small the pizza was and how lacking in flavor. If I want something of similar quality I'll just get a frozen pizza from my local grocery store.

Our Pizza hut is always packed here, every night, and we have a very large variety of restaurants to choose from being a tourist area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)