Place to buy slimline dish with mounting but without LNB?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

grizzly

Original poster
Aug 27, 2005
Chicago, IL
Guys:

I've managed to pick up one of the new SlimlineLNB in prep for a move to a new condo....only problem is that I'm going to have to roll my own since the new building is MFH-1 and until the condo board is formed, I don't have any leverage to see if we can get the MDU to upgrade...

So, I have the SWM LNB and power inserter and splitters.....what I don't have is the slimline dish itself (leaving the dish at my old place as the neighbors share it with me).

I've looked around and everyone wants to sell me the dish and 5 LNB, I'd rather not, but will if I have to....

I've looked at the sponsors but unless I'm dense (a possibility) I can see anyone selling them without the LNB. I need dish, mounting hardware for the dish and the arm to the LNB.

My bag of extra stuff had 3 extra w68s, but that was it. I guess I could sell the extra LNB, but like I said, would rather just get the dish.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Kevin

Why don't you just use the Movers Connection with D*, they will place the new one for you.

From what I read in your post, you need the 5LNB only ?
You have the rest, how does that work ?

Jimbo

Ok, well, I could go through the big long explanation, but the short is that I'm moving into an MDU building that only has MFH-1.

Directv will not move me. Even if they did, they probably wouldn't give me a SWM solution. There are also several other reasons including 5 HD channels as opposed to 73 and climbing that I couldn't get in the building. Then there is the $45 per receiver "install fee" change to not give me MPEG-4 and to hook me up to the dish and give me an SCD. I even offered to pay them for access and let me buy my own scd's. No go.

Since the building is new and has no condo board yet, I can't even whine at them to get the MDU to upgrade. In Illinois a new condo board can void contracts within a certain period after the condo board is formed and that would be my only leverage.

With the MDU in the building, I can't even get one of the local Cable companies to get me cable internet. I have go to freakin ATT and get DSL after being spoiled by 20 Down/2 up.

So, I would like to get out of this as cheaply as possible since I'm already being bled to death by the condo purchase. I lucked into the Slimline LNB and got it for $52.xx shipped.

I have a private 800sq ft private terrace facing s/sw with no obstruction, so I'm rolling my own until I can get a more permanent solution.

I don't have the slimline DISH. I need just the DISH since I have one of the new hot off the manufacturing lines SWM 8 port LNBS that are usually part of the SWM-enabled Slimline or can be added on to an existing 5LNB slimline by changing out the LNB with one like the one I've bought. It only has one wire instead of 4 coming out.

Is that enough explanation? If not, here's a link to what I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190237832260

Kevin

Ok, well, I could go through the big long explanation, but the short is that I'm moving into an MDU building that only has MFH-1.

Directv will not move me. Even if they did, they probably wouldn't give me a SWM solution. There are also several other reasons including 5 HD channels as opposed to 73 and climbing that I couldn't get in the building. Then there is the $45 per receiver "install fee" change to not give me MPEG-4 and to hook me up to the dish and give me an SCD. I even offered to pay them for access and let me buy my own scd's. No go.

Since the building is new and has no condo board yet, I can't even whine at them to get the MDU to upgrade. In Illinois a new condo board can void contracts within a certain period after the condo board is formed and that would be my only leverage.

With the MDU in the building, I can't even get one of the local Cable companies to get me cable internet. I have go to freakin ATT and get DSL after being spoiled by 20 Down/2 up.

So, I would like to get out of this as cheaply as possible since I'm already being bled to death by the condo purchase. I lucked into the Slimline LNB and got it for $52.xx shipped.

I have a private 800sq ft private terrace facing s/sw with no obstruction, so I'm rolling my own until I can get a more permanent solution.

I don't have the slimline DISH. I need just the DISH since I have one of the new hot off the manufacturing lines SWM 8 port LNBS that are usually part of the SWM-enabled Slimline or can be added on to an existing 5LNB slimline by changing out the LNB with one like the one I've bought. It only has one wire instead of 4 coming out.

Is that enough explanation? If not, here's a link to what I bought:

SWM ( single wire multi switch) for slim line Directv - eBay (item 190237832260 end time Jul-18-08 17:33:08 PDT)

Kevin

Just asked, why not just buy a slimline from a sponsor and be done with it.

I was hoping one of the sponsors might read this and tell me that they actually do sell them sans LNB, as sometimes they don't put those things on web pages as it confuses the noobs :p

I had a similiar situation, ended up buying the dish/lnb locally for $40, then sold the LNB in our classified area for $20. Worked ok, and no shipping. I just called a few retailers until I found one that had some dishes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)