Place Your Bets Ladies & Gentlemen

minnow

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
Lets have a little fun: Can we get one of the sponsors here to donate a piece of equipment to the lucky man or woman member who most closely can predict the following: Which lawsuit get settled first; the DNS fiasco or the TIVO DVR disconnect judgment. And to make it the contest even more interesting, not only must the winner correctly predict which lawsuit gets settled first but must also be the closest to the day and time of the official announcement as it appears in a Echostar news release.
For the prize, I'm thinking maybe a model 322 to the winner and to the runner up a model 625 which if the DVR judgment is finally enforced, can be used by the runnerup as an ornamental door stop.
So what say you Scott or Claude, can you supply a prize ?

Well it appears that 9/11/06 is the day scheduled for DNS disconnects. Nobody picked that date. We can revamp this contest to see who can pick the correct date and time the announcement comes on DVR shutoff or when the last vulcher picks the last remaining piece of meat off the ribcage of Dish Network. If DNS and DVR service are terminated, it's just a matter of months.

I am just now signing up with dishnetwork. Is now not the best time to be doing that?

Bad idea? Should I back out?

johnch08 said:
I am just now signing up with dishnetwork. Is now not the best time to be doing that?

Bad idea? Should I back out?

No one can give you a definitive answer. If you're signing up specifically to get networks from LA or NY then you should go to Directv and see what they can offer you because it seriously looks like DIsh is up against the wall on that one.

As far as the DVR issue, that's an issue that's far from being decided yet. I personally wouldn't let that stop me. That one is ripe for settlement. Dish cannot in any way shape or form afford to have virtually all their DVR's turned off.

Thanks for the info pdxsam.

I don't completely understand the dns disconnects thing. Does this mean that if I live in Montana and dish network provides me with a NY network, like YES, for example, it will be a no go come September?

It wouldn't be Yes since that's a sports RSN that Dish doesn't carry but, if you sign up with Dish and they don't carry locals for you where you live in Montana they cannot anymore offer Distant Networks to you. You would need to put up an antenna to get the local channels.

I don't know if they're even offering DNS to new eligible customers anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)