Placing my order today

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pacochu

Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
Houston, TX
I plan on giving the AAA DirecTV number a call today to get the ball rolling on new service. I also have my neighbor's account number for that referral credit as well. I plan on the whole house DVR with three other receivers. Is there anything special I should ask for or take what they offer in terms of boxes, etc. I see the various model numbers tossed around here and as a newbie, I am a bit overwhelmed. We have three TV's that get 96% of the TV viewing and need to record three things at once tops. Two of those are HDTV's and the other two are old school square tubes. One of them will be replaced with an HDTV soon though.

the current promotion will offer 3 free c31(i think thats the name) clients for free with the HMC

i would not get them, i would go for an hd tuner. the c31 will use a tuner from the hmc, and limit your recording ability

There are two of us in the household and only three tv's get the majority of the viewing. At most, we would be recording three shows at once. So, even if we were to do that while each watching another channel on the other two tv's, we should still be ok. Is there a performance, picture quality or other problems with the cu31 clients?

There are two of us in the household and only three tv's get the majority of the viewing. At most, we would be recording three shows at once. So, even if we were to do that while each watching another channel on the other two tv's, we should still be ok. Is there a performance, picture quality or other problems with the cu31 clients?

no clue, they are too new. i just prefer each unit have its own tuner

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)