Planet Earth on Discovery HD - Nov 11

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kstile

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2005
If you needed an excuse to get that HDD for your 622, here it is :). Sure the HD-DVD may be a bit better quality (and not have ads), but for reference quality and eminently re-watchable HD, do yourself a favor and record this, archive it, and never let it go... Starting November 11, 2007.

Planet Earth : Discovery Channel

(No, I'm not affiliated with Discovery - just loved the program.)

Absolutely second that. Some of the most unforgettable video I have even seen. And even beyond the quality, there are some scenes that are just unbelievable, events that have never before been captured.

I searched Planet Earth, and it shows episode 12 playing on the 9th or 11th, can't remember which...

edit: and Yes! everyone that hasn't seen it should pop this on the DVR, lock it, and re-watch on a regular basis. Amazing PQ, footage, and excellent narration. I watched the BBC version with the British dude narrating, but Sigourney Weaver (sp?) is just fine too. There were several things I saw when watching on HD DVD that I had to pause, and watch over again simply because I couldnt believe how awesome/strange it was....

Discovery has added one episode Friday evening (Great Plains), and then the regularly scheduled rerun block begins next Sunday (Pole to Pole and Jungles).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts