Planning to buy a hard drive now? Better wait...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'll look into it. Need SATA III though. Plus Trim compliant as this will be for a system drive in windows 7. I understand that without Trim the drive will degrade over time as it approaches the write limitations.

Ah! sold out. I'll keep looking.

That drive supports TRIM and its sata III.

buy.com had it for $199 yesterday.

they are probably coming out with a new model soon, hence the price reduction. but still an excellent drive.

After much reading, I went with an OCZ Vertex 4 256Gb drive as it seemed to have the fastest I/O latency right now. A bit more money but I need performance in my application.

I bought a WD 3TB external drive about 6 months ago for $99 so I am not buying any til they get back down to that price.

Cheap 2 Tb drives are not the whole story. Many of these really cheap drives are poor speed performers so be careful. If you need simple data storage they work fine but if you require HD video serving they will perform poorly. The 7200 RPM and a decent buffer will cost a bit more but everything is down in price now and SSD's are dropping fast too. Most SSD's I price now are nearly half what they sold for 6 months ago. Glad I waited!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)