Plans for a do-it-yourself antenna?

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 20, 2006
I would like to build my own UHF antenna for HDTV reception. DOes anyone have any plans that they are willing to share? If not, does anyone know where I can buy such plans?
Thanks!:)

I seem to reall a thread about a home made antenna that useda metal garage can. But for the life of me I cannot find it.

Geronimo, I believe that was a guy in Atlanta or somewhere where he had to shoot between two tall buildings so he put a yagi inside a metal trash can to eliminate multipath.

I just wish that i could find it. as I recall the thread referenced other sources and hada lot of hints

Geronimo, thats a project i havent thought of trying with the upper frequencies of broadcast tv. if i understand you correctly. if its made with a large galvanized metal trash can its called a horn antenna they are only good for uhf. they are easy to make.

I surf three or four forums,so I don't remember where I saw it, but the project started with the guy building a box frame out of PVC around his yagi antenna and covering it with screen wire or similar except for one end to eliminate almost all signal coming from sides and back. He had a very bad multi-path problem. Eventually this evolved into him mounting a UHF yagi inside a metal trash can. Super directional antenna, but not very pretty.

I followed the instructions above and built this antenna. For less than 10 bucks my antenna works just fine. I am replacing the $40 silver sensor that broke when it fill off of the table. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)