Plans to downgrade from hopper setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have a similar setup and I'm thinking of downgrading to vip 922 and 211k
since the vip 922 looks similar to the hopper guide but i read bad reviews they break down alot

As I understand it, there are a couple of things you get back when you divorce the Hopper in favor of a ViP722K/ViP211K combo:

1. More and better OTA tuners (and handling thereof)
2. Less EHD frustration
3. Lower cost
4. Not so much of an all-your-eggs-in-one-basket configuration

Has any of these changed?

I'm contemplating switching out my ViP622/508 combo when my 508 DVR credits run out but it doesn't seem to be a cut-and-dried choice to me.
...and... list view. :D

Seriously, the $12 difference for me isn't worth it. I'm trying to keep costs in check.

I didn't expect to get so many replies but wow! :D

To be honest I have no idea why I'm not under contract. I upgraded to two HWS last May before the deadline and I signed a commitment twice
(the hoppers were received at different dates since I first started out with 1 H2000 and a Joey, switched to a HWS and then I switched the joey for another HWS) At the end of the day when the grandfathered credits expire I will swallowvthe $5 and dump one for a Joey.

I didn't expect to get so many replies but wow! :D

To be honest I have no idea why I'm not under contract. I upgraded to two HWS last May before the deadline and I signed a commitment twice
(the hoppers were received at different dates since I first started out with 1 H2000 and a Joey, switched to a HWS and then I switched the joey for another HWS) At the end of the day when the grandfathered credits expire I will swallowvthe $5 and dump one for a Joey.

How exactly do you know that you are not under contract?

Was let go when I tried to switch a few months ago (bundle)but I received a $40 a month discount if I stayed so I took it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If you upgraded to HWS last May, you should still be under contract.

If you upgraded to HWS last May, you should still be under contract.

I know but the CSRs (chat and phone insisted I wasn't) I even had the prepaid boxes ready to ship everything back. Thats when I received the counter offer.

The hopper grandfather credits will run at least another year. 18 month credit total and it only started recently. Who knows what pricing schemes or equipment Dish will have a year from now...

The biggest problem with downgrading for me would be to move to older refurbished equipment with a 2 year contract. I don't think I could stomach another agreement for a downgrade.

Last edited:
I have a similar setup and I'm thinking of downgrading to vip 922 and 211k
since the vip 922 looks similar to the hopper guide but i read bad reviews they break down alot

You can no longer get a ViP922, except as a replacement for a bad one.

I stand corrected.

But last I heard, DISH will not issue a ViP922 to a customer except to replace a broken one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)