Platinum HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bent82

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Upper Peninsula Of Michigan
So a week or so ago I saw that Dish had added the NHL Network to the Classic Gold 250 pack, which I have. I went and looked, I had the SD channel but not the HD, which I thought I should. Someone said maybe it was in Platinum, which I did not have. In the same thread, I saw someone mention a way they added the Platinum pack on the website without a fee. I did this, and my account now says I have "HD & Platinum" but I still don't have NHL Network HD. I also didn't notice any new channels whatsoever, but I don't know what Platinum HD includes. Is there a list anywhere that has what channels Platinum HD would give me over Gold? I suspect that trick did not properly add the Platinum HD.

So a week or so ago I saw that Dish had added the NHL Network to the Classic Gold 250 pack, which I have. I went and looked, I had the SD channel but not the HD, which I thought I should. Someone said maybe it was in Platinum, which I did not have. In the same thread, I saw someone mention a way they added the Platinum pack on the website without a fee. I did this, and my account now says I have "HD & Platinum" but I still don't have NHL Network HD. I also didn't notice any new channels whatsoever, but I don't know what Platinum HD includes. Is there a list anywhere that has what channels Platinum HD would give me over Gold? I suspect that trick did not properly add the Platinum HD.

Although I'm not really interested in most of the channels in the Platinum pack I followed the directions and now have HD + Platinum, as you do.

The extra Platinum channels I believe are in the 380s-390s; e.g. MGM-HD, Logo, WFN. I get NHL-HD on 403, but I had gotten that even before I did the HD -> HD + Platinum trick. When you say you don't have the HD, does it not appear in the guide or is it red? What about in the 9000s. You DEFINITELY should get it as I, like you, have the Gold 250 and have it.

So I logged on to my slingbox and checked it out. It appears I have those other platinum channels you mentioned, so I guess that worked. I went to 403, and now I have NHLN HD. No idea why, it was NOT there last night when I checked it, apparently overnight it started working. I can't turn it on to see if it works right now since it is replaying last night's red wings game and is blacked out here, but I am sure it would work. It's always right after you start a thread, isn't it? In fact, that is probably why it decided to start working. Thanks for your help anyway, much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)