Played the CSR roulette, I think I just solved my first problem with regular support.

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
Okay so on May 14 we got our Hopper system installed, here in Puerto Rico most dish subs have two 4.5' dishes pointing towards 110 and 119. In Summer 2010 Dish started giving new customers and some who were upgrading a new dish 500 30" compact dish that eliminated the need for the two 4.5' dishes.

Since I've been a customer for longer than that I still had the old two dish setup. When the tech arrived he was supposed to replace the Dishes with the new compact one according to his supervisor. He just replaced the LNBs on the old 4.5' dishes and carried on. Everything was fine until I started having signal drops on both hoppers and joeys during light rains. I know some will say rain makes the signal go away(its true) but I've had dish for many years and I know when its raining hard enough for the signal to drop. It was just randomly dropping for no reason whatsoever every time a stupid cloud got in front of the dish. I checked all of the wires and connections and everything seemed good. Whenever I went to the point dish screen the signal on 110 would be bouncing back and forth non stop on a perfect day (ex. 50 then 70 and then back to 50 again). instead of being steady. I would try to align the dish myself but I don't know how to do it or have a signal meter. And besides that why I have a warranty from the retailer + the protection plan all year long.

So I first tried calling the retailer since they had a 2 month warranty on the install. They were completely useless, every time I called I was told a tech would contact me soon and nobody did. I called many more times and got the same message from the lady at their phone. With the wife frustrated she asked me to call Dish while I was at my lunch break at work. To my surprise they understood and told me a tech would be here tomorrow with a new 30" dish. I hope that's true.

To anybody wondering the retailer that Dish chose for the initial install was Coamo Satellite Service. I don't want any business with them ever. The tech was nice and all and I didn't mind if he had to return to install the dish later(Hey! maybe he made a simple mistake, we're all humans!) what pissed me off was the poor service from the retailer's HQ. I called more than 5 times on many different days and spoke with the same lady and she didn't give a $#!+ about my issue and kept telling me the tech would call me. Some will say, why don't you drive there and deal with it? Its a tedious 2 hour drive from my home! there are a million dish retailers near my home and yet dish sent these goons from far away to do my upgrade. (It was scheduled with 2 weeks of anticipation not from the day before).

I never bothered calling dish until today because its hard 99% of the CSRs don't understand the Puerto Rico market and its equipment. Thankfully I got lucky and they agreed with me on the first try.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share my experience. /end rant

Do you not know about Dirt? And if so......?????

Bottom of Forum Page, members on in RED.

The regular CSR's usually barely understand the CONUS market..... Glad you got it resolved.

Do you not know about Dirt? And if so......?????

Bottom of Forum Page, members on in RED.

I do, but this is something the assigned retailer had to fix since it was their job order. Retailers piss and moan about customers who call dish without giving them a chance to make things right.

I had patience until the wife called me complaining about a few recordings that never completed due to signal issues plus I was at work and had to solve this immediately. I know about DIRT and they've helped me before but I didn't have time to send a PM and refresh the forum 50 times.

(Note I'm not bashing the DIRT members or anything I'm just stating my certain needs and circumstances)

All is well now. Dish sent Coamo Satellite again and this time two techs came (very nice and friendly).

The techs knew the guy who did the install and they were shocked because that guy actually trained them! The problem was that he used the Y bracket from the new small antenna on one of my 4.5" which didn't have the LNB centered therefore creating signal loss. The techs were actually laughing and even took before and after pictures to tease him at work tomorrow.

I got a new dish and new wiring and so far everything is working as it should. Kudos for the friendly techs and an F for customer service at their HQ.

image-1134049645.jpg

image-3340144127.jpg

Just finished removing my old dishes, off to the trash they go.

Attachments

• image-394331678.jpg
    image-394331678.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 149

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts