PLAYER SUSPENSIONS OVERTURNED IN SAINTS BOUNTY CASE

Vilma is appealing his latest suspension, and since he is now off the PUP list, he says he will be ready to play this coming week against TB. No word yet on whether or not he will be activated...

He will have to fill a roster spot coming off of PUP, or has to go to IR, activated or otherwise, Saints will have to cut someone unless they get an exemption of some kind.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

New Orleans Saints fan files class action lawsuit against NFL, Roger Goodell

St. Tammany Parish resident David Mancina has filed a class-action lawsuit against the NFL and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell seeking damages in excess of $5 million on behalf of himself and 2012-13 New Orleans Saints season-ticket holders. The lawsuit is a response to the suspensions handed out to Saints players and coaches for their alleged participation in the Saints' bounty program.

The line to join this class action suit will be longer than the line to get free Popeye's Chicken on Fat Tuesday. :D

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/10/new_orleans_saints_fan_files_l.html

DeMaurice Smith - ?@DeSmithNFLPA
I have been in touch with Roger. He has formally notified me that he will recused himself. Paul Tagliabue will step in.

Albert Breer ?- @AlbertBreer
NFL also announces Oct. 30 as the new bounty appeal hearing date, which means the players can play the next two weeks.

DeMaurice Smith - ?@DeSmithNFLPA
I have been in touch with Roger. He has formally notified me that he will recused himself. Paul Tagliabue will step in.

Albert Breer ?- @AlbertBreer
NFL also announces Oct. 30 as the new bounty appeal hearing date, which means the players can play the next two weeks.

WOW!!!!!

If the judge that requested all the proof....if he finds there is no hard evidence, I absolutely expect a different result.
I'm talking about goodell stepping aside having tagliabue step in. paul mentored goodell. that's why I said no difference since that was what mestevo's post was about.

Rey said:
I'm talking about goodell stepping aside having tagliabue step in. paul mentored goodell. that's why I said no difference since that was what mestevo's post was about.

But remember, judge still requested the proof last time I read anything on this. He will make known what he thinks and if thinks this evidence is crap and Tagliabue still suspends the 4 players for the original suspensions...you will see a lawsuit....something nobody wants...especially the NFL.

But remember, judge still requested the proof last time I read anything on this. He will make known what he thinks and if thinks this evidence is crap and Tagliabue still suspends the 4 players for the original suspensions...you will see a lawsuit....something nobody wants...especially the NFL.

There is already the lawsuit. That's why there is a judge asking to see the evidence.

There's plenty of evidence, just needs more to show the rulings are warranted. The pay for performance program is a known thing, and there's so much smoke that there has to be some bounty stuff going on, just. It sure it's to the extent that has been pieced together between the multiple cover ups by saints players and coaches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

meStevo said:
There is already the lawsuit. That's why there is a judge asking to see the evidence.

There's plenty of evidence, just needs more to show the rulings are warranted. The pay for performance program is a known thing, and there's so much smoke that there has to be some bounty stuff going on, just. It sure it's to the extent that has been pieced together between the multiple cover ups by saints players and coaches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I do not see the bounty stuff. Pay-for-performance, I can clearly see it. To prove intent to take someone out is just too difficult.

Within the past year, the multiyear contract extension the Saints announced for Sean Payton in September 2011 was voided by the NFL, making the suspended head coach a free agent after this season and casting questions on how long he will remain in New Orleans, according to league sources.

Payton is expected to become the NFL's most sought-after head coach after this season and there already is speculation in league circles that he could wind up returning to Dallas, where he worked as the assistant head coach from 2003 to 2005, during which time the Dallas Cowboys brought in quarterback Tony Romo, who attended the same college, Eastern Illinois, as Payton.

Sources: Sean Payton deal voided

Extra element of drama, but don't think he's going anywhere either. Only question really is if this year counted toward his contract or not.

Though, if management calls him simply a 'good' coach like they did Brees and try and lowball him rather than make him one of the highest paid coaches... anything is possible then. Jerry Jones has to be licking his chops.

Extra element of drama, but don't think he's going anywhere either. Only question really is if this year counted toward his contract or not.

Though, if management calls him simply a 'good' coach like they did Brees and try and lowball him rather than make him one of the highest paid coaches... anything is possible then. Jerry Jones has to be licking his chops.
Anyone would be better than who they've got now. What other team's defensive coordinator gets more face time than the HC??

What Jones saw in Garrett still mystifies me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts