Players you wish your favorite team never traded

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Debacle?

I don't think so.

With the Flyers, Lindros was not exactly a Ryan Leaf-esque bust.

As for NHL debacles,

I say the biggest one is Phil Esposito and Ken Hodge to Boston for four cups of coffee (not literally)

I would put Peter Forsberg WAY ahead of Lindros when it's all said and done.

Sorry Flyers fans

Jimbo

Heck yea it was a debacle.I just wish the Rangers had a faster fax machine !
Eric Lindros is a "Never Been" ! He was always on the bench hurt with a knee injury,concussion or what ever when he was needed.Yeah he ripped up the league for a few weeks but when it came time to shine in the playoffs,he was hurt.Supposedly the Flyers knew about his concussion syndrome.It ran in his family & they pursued him anyway.
As it was commonly known,he didn't get along with GM Bobby Clarke,There was alot of friction between him,his father & Clarkie.His father was his agent & caused quite a few sparks during negotions.The Flyers changed the players they didnt win,They changed the coaches they never won.The only common factor was the GM Bobby Clarke.It was sometimes thought that he never let Lindros develop to his full potential ? Would Peter Forsberg have developed into what he became if he stayed with the Flyers ?
But that's another thread to start.

The way I sometimes look at it is,the Flyers traded a Stanley Cup to Quebec
for Lindros.

Thats not the way I look at it, the Av's did a lot more than just get Forsberg, remember they already had a young and very talented Joe Sakic and they had also traded or picked up, I don't remember exactly a disgruntled goalie, an All Star named Patrick Roy.

Those players certianly helped them bring the cup to Colorado.
I really felt bad for the fans in Quebec seeing they won right after they left.

Jimbo

Red Sox sent Jeff Bagwell to Houston for reliever Larry Andersen (Aug. 31, 1990).

Jeff Bagwell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My recollection was that Jeff Bagwell was a .280 hitting double-A third baseman with medium power, at a time when the Red Sox had Wade Boggs at third in the majors, and I think Scott Cooper was the triple-A third baseman. It seemed like a sensible deal at the time. Bagwell probably went to the Raphael Palmeiro school of power enhancement.

Babe Ruth, on the other hand, was the Red Sox best player when they got rid of him. Here is a trivia question: What Red Sox pitcher has the best lifetime win-loss record against the Yankees (min, 20 decisions)? Answer: Babe Ruth (14-7).

I would much rather the Rangers had held on to Brad Park and Jean Ratelle than acquire Esposito. The Rangers had no one near the tenacity of Wayne Cashman to go into the corners and get the puck to Espie. And Park was the best defenseman in the league, bar none. Other hockey boo-boos: Chicago acquires Pit Martin, Gilles Marotte and Jack Norris from the Bruins in 1967 for Hodge, Fred Stanfield and Esposito.

Baseball:

Many have mentioned Tom Seaver. But it was Seaver who wanted out of New York after the Mets refused to renegotiate his contract in 1977 and the front office let attack dog Dick Young of the NY Daily News unload on Seaver's wife, Nancy, in several mean-spirited columns.

But Met fans, how soon we forget Amos Otis for Joe Foy? Also:

Rangers deal Sammy Sosa and others to White Sox for Harold Baines and Fred Manrique ... Sox trade Sosa and Ken Patterson to the Cubs for George Bell ... the Cubs trade Lou Brock for Ernie Broglio ... and farther back, Cleveland trading Rocky Colavito to Detroit for Harvey Kuenn ... Kansas City trading Roger Maris to the Yankees for Don Larsen, Hank Bauer, Norm Siebern and Marv Throneberry ... and the Yankees trading Maris to the Cardinals for Charley Smith.

I think I've got a good one...

In 2001 tha Atlanta Falcons traded the fifth overall pick in the first round, their third-round pick, their second-round pick in 2002 and wide receiver Tim Dwight. In exchange Atlanta got San Diego's #1 draft slot.

Atlanta drafted Michael Vick #1

San Diego drafted LaDainian Tomlinson #5

AAAAARGH!! :mad:

My recollection was that Jeff Bagwell was a .280 hitting double-A third baseman with medium power, at a time when the Red Sox had Wade Boggs at third in the majors, and I think Scott Cooper was the triple-A third baseman. It seemed like a sensible deal at the time.

This is correct. Bagwell was considered the Sox fourth string 3B at the time. Boggs, Scott Cooper, and Tim Naehring were all in front of him.

That's right,and don't forget Paps (Papelbon). :)

Speaking of Papi.....

Every time I hear this name, I think of the infamous Seinfeld character named Papi. :D

For those of you who need further explanation....

Jerry went to Papi's restaurant with Papi's daughter who he was dating and saw Papi go to the bathroom and not wash his hands. When Papi brought out a special dish that he personally made for them, Jerry refused to eat it and was too embarrassed/stunned to give an explanation. Papi was outraged and insulted. In a separate episode Papi stayed the night over Jerry's house and peed on Jerry's sofa by mistake. A memorable line by Jerry followed; "Papi is very sloppy"! :D:D

Holy Crap! Talking about digging up a discussion thread from the archives. Since we're visiting the wayback machine, I absolutely hated the following trades:

Bob Lanier (Pistons) traded to Milwaukee for Scott Benson...enough said.
Justin Verlander (Tigers) traded to Houston for.....basically pickup his salary
Bobby Layne (Lions) trade to Pittsburgh, along with sale to Ford Family, dooming the organization
Marcel Dionne (Red Wings) traded to Montreal....future Hall of Famer in exchange for Dead Wings era

We've got a bobber!

But the worst trade ever was in the NHL. and already referenced above. And not because of talent swaps, but because the trade just should never have happened. Trembley should have been fired. The Habs organization had a choice, fire Trembley or trade Roy. Trembley didn't remain the head coach for much longer anyway and Roy was the best goalie that Habs had since Dryden (which admittedly was a very long time, but the Canadiens have a thing for goalkeepers). Roy also was largely responsible for their last two cups. One of the dumbest decisions ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts