Playlist won't sort

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

trehutch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Beaverton
So My playlist won't hold the sort of A-Z or anything else beside by date earliest to latest recordings. I have an external 1.5 TB drive hooked up to the box. Has anyone else had this problem?

Trevor

Go Fins!

So My playlist won't hold the sort of A-Z or anything else beside by date earliest to latest recordings. I have an external 1.5 TB drive hooked up to the box. Has anyone else had this problem?

Trevor

Go Fins!

I have not had this problem, but, I also haven't changed it at all...
I want it showing the latest recording first, so I don't check the other options in the playlist section.

There was a bug in a CE about 1.5 months ago where the playlist sort wouldnt hold, but they fixed it. Sounds like they reintroduced it again.

Only on one machine

It's weird it only happens on one of my hr20-100's. The wifey hates that it doesn't hold the sort to (A-Z), it always goes back to the default sort of latest recordings at the top.

Hmm, 20-100's is all I have. One thing of note, all the directv receivers have the 'keep last playlist sort' as an available option out of the box. Only the 20-100 requires you to to the 'iamanedgecutter', which enables the option in the miscellaneous menu. Always thought that was odd.

Hmm, 20-100's is all I have. One thing of note, all the directv receivers have the 'keep last playlist sort' as an available option out of the box. Only the 20-100 requires you to to the 'iamanedgecutter', which enables the option in the miscellaneous menu. Always thought that was odd.

Probably because the 20-100/700's are the oldest units out there. (in the H series) the newer ones must be set up differently.

You'd think after all this time they'd all have similar options and setup in the s/w.

Just thought it was odd. Like they didnt want the playlist sort to be the default on that box for some reason.

new box

maybe I should have them send me a new box since this feature will not work. I won't lose my programs because I have an external drive running on the box

Trevor

Programming on external disk drives is tied to the receiver. You can attach the drive to a replacement receiver and you'll see the playlist, but be unable to play any of the recordings.

However...they'll probably fix it. It was broken in the prior CE, fixed a few CE releases later, and then rebroken in the NR. Theres no rush to market to get the next NR out, so perhaps they'll actually take the time to fix all the known problems before they fire it out.

maybe I should have them send me a new box since this feature will not work. I won't lose my programs because I have an external drive running on the box

Trevor

Programming on external disk drives is tied to the receiver. You can attach the drive to a replacement receiver and you'll see the playlist, but be unable to play any of the recordings.

However...they'll probably fix it. It was broken in the prior CE, fixed a few CE releases later, and then rebroken in the NR. Theres no rush to market to get the next NR out, so perhaps they'll actually take the time to fix all the known problems before they fire it out.

Trevor,
Once you moved your External HD to the new box it will re format the drive so it recognizes the D* box .... once it does that, you will lose all the recordings on the EHD. ...
This is something that I REALLY wish D* would correct also while thay are at it, make it so we can use both the EHD as well as the internal at the same time.

While I havent tried it lately, last time I did it didnt reformat the drive. The series links and settings were fine, but recordings wouldnt play except for some OTA recordings, I guess since those arent encrypted to the access card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)