MRV Playlist Issues

mroediger

Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
Ledyard, CT
After reviewing all threads that have anything to do with MRV, I am at a loss for this problem.

HR20 700
HR21 100
CAT 5e through a Linksys WRT54GS

I am still running the CE release 0x36f which had been very stable for the most part on both receivers. The playlist is shared on both DVRs but here is the issue:

When viewing the playlist on the HR20, I can view the HR21s playlist but not the HR-20s. When I view the playlist on the HR21, I see both. Very weird!

If I go into the playlist for the HR20 and hit the yellow button for more options, I can get to the HR20s recorded material. I have found no other setting to try to get the list back to normal.

I have attempted several resets on both DVRs but the same issue persists. It seems like a lot of people have had problems with the most recent CE and MRV but I am not sure if I am any better off right now than the rest.

Any help here would be great even if it is to say wait for the new CE on Friday.

Thanks

After reviewing all threads that have anything to do with MRV, I am at a loss for this problem.

HR20 700
HR21 100
CAT 5e through a Linksys WRT54GS

I am still running the CE release 0x36f which had been very stable for the most part on both receivers. The playlist is shared on both DVRs but here is the issue:

When viewing the playlist on the HR20, I can view the HR21s playlist but not the HR-20s. When I view the playlist on the HR21, I see both. Very weird!

If I go into the playlist for the HR20 and hit the yellow button for more options, I can get to the HR20s recorded material. I have found no other setting to try to get the list back to normal.

I have attempted several resets on both DVRs but the same issue persists. It seems like a lot of people have had problems with the most recent CE and MRV but I am not sure if I am any better off right now than the rest.

Any help here would be great even if it is to say wait for the new CE on Friday.

Thanks

So you're saying that you only see remote playlist (HR21) on HR20 unless you select LOCAL playlist option? Local gives you HR20 and ALL gives you HR21? Looking back through history, the HR20s have had issues with MRV but That one seems odd. Did you try IAMANEDGECUTTER k/w search on the HR20? AFIK, last CE may have been OK for HR20.

I've seen other posts from cfb suggesting the outdated CE's have a tendency to unravel to persuade users to keep up with new CE d/ls. Maybe this is the case.

I would recommend next CE; however, I only have HR22s here.

armchair

I have IAMANEDGECUTTER on both DVRs so I think you are probably right, I will pull down the latest CE tonight and see what happens. If anything it will get the wife off my back that she can't find the programs she wants to watch.

I remember the day that I brought DIRECTV into the house many years ago and I was asked why we are doing it. I also recall bringing the DVR into the house and being asked why we are doing it. I can even remember bringing MVR into the house and being asked why we are doing it. All that I know is that I wouldn't be able to remove any of these items from my house now... not from her cold dead hands if I remember the comment correctly.

I've seen other posts from cfb suggesting the outdated CE's have a tendency to unravel to persuade users to keep up with new CE d/ls. Maybe this is the case.

There were several CE's that seemed to stop populating the to-do list after about a week, thats what made me think they were setting them to self destruct by stopping further recording. Since they quit doing that, it was either just a bug or they decided that it wasnt a good idea once they got some 'feedback'.

If I remember right, 36f had some problems with mrv with mixed model receivers, especially the HR20-100.

Upgrading to the new CE might help, although I havent seen the one that we're getting tonight yet, so maybe its got other problems.

I'm running a pair of hr20-100's on the current 379 release and its fine. Last weeks (374?) didnt work for beans.

mroediger:

I had the similar issues back around the CE release you are running. Red button resets on one or both receivers would fix it, at least temporarily. The last couple of CE's, last nights included, have been working great. Let us know how it works out after you update.

Armchair:

I thought the IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword was to allow bug reporting with CE's. I have never done that and use MRV fine. Am I missing something? I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with the OP's MRV problem....but I have been wrong before...so says my wife...

I'm curious about why they reset the misc options keyword.

Besides reporting, on the HR20-100 it enables the ability to preserve playlist sorts. Without the iamanedgecutter and setting an option for playlist sort in the misc menu, it reverts to sort-by-date when you leave the playlist.

I dont think thats the situation with any other model receiver. So thats another thing i'm curious about.

Either it was a mistake that they reset it, they changed something that needed the keyword to be re-entered, or there was some sort of problem associated with having the misc menu (and whatever else 'iamanedgecutter' turns on or enables) so they wanted to turn it off.

mroediger:

I had the similar issues back around the CE release you are running. Red button resets on one or both receivers would fix it, at least temporarily. The last couple of CE's, last nights included, have been working great. Let us know how it works out after you update.

Armchair:

I thought the IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword was to allow bug reporting with CE's. I have never done that and use MRV fine. Am I missing something? I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with the OP's MRV problem....but I have been wrong before...so says my wife...

I'm curious about why they reset the misc options keyword.

Besides reporting, on the HR20-100 it enables the ability to preserve playlist sorts. Without the iamanedgecutter and setting an option for playlist sort in the misc menu, it reverts to sort-by-date when you leave the playlist.

I dont think thats the situation with any other model receiver. So thats another thing i'm curious about.

Either it was a mistake that they reset it, they changed something that needed the keyword to be re-entered, or there was some sort of problem associated with having the misc menu (and whatever else 'iamanedgecutter' turns on or enables) so they wanted to turn it off.

wildbill,

I don't have HR20 but I knew something was different for those models; seeing the odd failure the OP was having, I suggested trying the IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword again. I think cfb addressed the differences for us both.

Happy testing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)