Playonlater

I'll bump this thread a bit:

They are having a sale on both Playon and Playlater and the combo. For yearly subs to either one it is $19.99, for the combo $39.90. Both are available on lifetime too for a decent discounted price.

I'm liking this combo more and more as it just works quite well. I set my recordings at night as I said, and then watch at my convenience on any remote device in the house. ie; DirecTV HRs, iPad w/Playon app and others. Oddly the PS3 doesn't like it, but sees it just fine. I'm finding the D* HR to be the most convenient way other than when I want to watch while in bed, then it is the iPad.

And no, all the streaming stuff isn't always available at the various sites. Oft times they only have a few episodes of a particular series for a short period of time and then shuffle them around.

That is a good option to consider. I went with the annual Playon/Playlater combo for about $40. I'm primarily a Mac user but I do have this el-cheapo Acer laptop w/Win7 on it that is more than good enough to run this combo and let me watch what I record on the PS3 (yeah I know, said it didn't work, problem was between my ears...), D* HR24 or the PlayOn iPad app, as well as stream to them from the same channels if I don't want to record something.

BTW, the PlayOn iPad app will do video airsharing to the AppleTV 2, with either the iPad 1 or 2. That's pretty nice to have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)